Jun 01, 2020, 01:38 AM
Thread OP
Video

Universal system to release ribbon in flight

UNIVERSAL SYSTEM TO RELEASE RIBBON IN FLIGHT test on bixler 2 (2 min 45 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2020, 01:41 PM
Thread OP
GIANT FOUR ENGINE CARGO 2000 mm RIBBON RELEASE IN FLIGHT (2 min 50 sec)
Dec 26, 2020, 06:47 AM
Oxford Panic
I'm a member of a display team that does streamer chasing and we use a very similar system. We fly overpowered models so we can pull 80ft crape streamers which we release in the air. We used to let them unfurl on the ground but because the grass is sometimes wet this used to make the streamers break prematurely. I went one further than my team mates because I always seemed to be the last one with an intact streamer so all the others were chasing me for a cut. This quite alarmingly increases the chance of a midair, witness all the repairs. My solution was to create a device so I could drop the streamer. I programmed an PIC chip to move a servo one way then the other in sequence of switch toggles. This allows me to get rid of the streamer if I feel the need and to the watching audience looks just like a cut.

Quick Reply