May 29, 2020, 01:05 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Combat in DFW area. Looking for associates

Hi everyone.

Every Saturday or Sunday I will practice electric combat at South Lake Park (Farmersville TX ). If someone want to fly with me - you are welcome.
Even can provide you my spare plane, all you need is proof that you can fly it and your own transmitter and 6ch receiver (if you use anything but spectrum).

For now I'm flying alone or teaching my friend with buddy-box... little bit boring.

If you want to participate - send me PM or text 469/288/37/71

F4u combat (0 min 40 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2020, 01:54 PM
Thread OP
This Sunday was a nice day to fly, but without opponents no much fun. BTW, maiden 2 new planes, made few streamer's cuts, etc.

Next time will be here Saturday 6/6 (85% of chance).

2020_05_31 South Lake Park aircombat training (5 min 2 sec)
Jun 23, 2020, 06:23 PM
Very cool.
I fly alone a lot. Teach my kids a bit.
Too bad we’re nowhere near each other. Keep it going.
I convert my nitro planes to electric.
Jun 24, 2020, 06:05 PM
rccombat.net is the website for the RCCA. RC combat also has a face book group that is more active. Looking at the membership list on the RCCA forum shows me several gentlemen who fly combat in Texas. I'm from WI, but I see some people that live in Round Rock, TX & know of some combat meets held in Brenham, TX that's about 3-4 hours away from you. I'm sure the combat boys in TX would be happy to have you join them, in case you don't mind traveling here or there...
Andy
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876
AMA #273119
Jun 25, 2020, 10:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmldr
rccombat.net is the website for the RCCA. RC combat also has a face book group that is more active. Looking at the membership list on the RCCA forum shows me several gentlemen who fly combat in Texas. I'm from WI, but I see some people that live in Round Rock, TX & know of some combat meets held in Brenham, TX that's about 3-4 hours away from you. I'm sure the combat boys in TX would be happy to have you join them, in case you don't mind traveling here or there...
Andy
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876
AMA #273119
I tried to contact some RCCA members without any luck. Site is almost dead... So I assume there is no combat, or no interest in electric scale combat at least. Will try again, thank you!
Jun 25, 2020, 10:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotasol
Very cool.
I fly alone a lot. Teach my kids a bit.
Too bad we’re nowhere near each other. Keep it going.
I convert my nitro planes to electric.
Sad that you are not in Texas. But who knows - maybe someday we will meet on some event
Jun 27, 2020, 03:50 PM
Heath
Here is a link to the clubs in your area:
https://www.modelaircraft.org/club-f...ville&state=TX

I would visit the clubs closest to you and see if any of them currently fly any combat or if some of there members would be interested.

Scale combat is always going to be the hardest type of combat to get people into because of the extra time need to build a scale airplane.
Jun 27, 2020, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salin
Here is a link to the clubs in your area:
https://www.modelaircraft.org/club-f...ville&state=TX

I would visit the clubs closest to you and see if any of them currently fly any combat or if some of there members would be interested.

Scale combat is always going to be the hardest type of combat to get people into because of the extra time need to build a scale airplane.
Thank you. I will try to reach somebody from this list. Already meet the SkyHighRC - very nice peoples, but nit interested in combat.

BTW, not a problem to buy plane for that class of combat. There are plenty of inexpensive model that can be used right out of box or with a little modifications. For example:

P51D

HK P51D

Hawker Tempest

F4U Corsair

A6M Zero

All for about 100$ PNF. Of course model built for combat will be more rigid, faster and lighter, but as starting point they are good enough.
Last edited by Andrew.Shkolik; Jun 27, 2020 at 11:55 PM. Reason: more info added
Jul 03, 2020, 11:37 PM
Thread OP

New day, new flights.

Did some flying today.

As result - minus 2 planes, 1 battery and few foots of streamer Did fly a lot with buddybox... but was not fast enough to prevent crashes. But, looks like few more weekends, and firs opponent will be ready to fly by himself and even fight. Start teaching his son - I bet he will be great pilot!
Jul 04, 2020, 03:51 PM
Andrew, my mom and sister live in Wylie and I visit about once a year, I don't fly electric but fly open b and 2610. If possible I will bring a plane or two and look you up. Oh and the Best BBQ is in McKinny at Hutchins BBQ.
Ron
Jul 04, 2020, 04:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWHorton
Andrew, my mom and sister live in Wylie and I visit about once a year, I don't fly electric but fly open b and 2610. If possible I will bring a plane or two and look you up. Oh and the Best BBQ is in McKinny at Hutchins BBQ.
Ron
Great! If you will came we will do BBQ and combat Just reach me via PM or text.
Jul 13, 2020, 10:20 AM
Gary James

RC Combat in the DFW area

The North Texas area is one of the most active areas in the country for RC Combat. HOWEVER, they fly the AMA/RCCA events such as SSC, Open/Limited B and 2548 Scale. Also Gnat, etc.

http://www.rccombat.com/

The RCCA website has a list of events. Usually there is a monthly contest somewhere in Texas. Right now, there is a hiatus because of the Texas summer heat, and probably Covid-19, but I'm sure that it will pick up again in the fall

Several of the local RC Clubs occasionally fly SEMFF foamy combat. But they don't take it seriously. If you want to compete in the official events, consider attending some of the local contests. They generally have them at the Texoma RC Club field near Sherman and also in Brennan. I used to be pretty active in RC Combat but have been flying Pylon for the last few years.
Jul 14, 2020, 09:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjames
The North Texas area is one of the most active areas in the country for RC Combat. HOWEVER, they fly the AMA/RCCA events such as SSC, Open/Limited B and 2548 Scale. Also Gnat, etc.

http://www.rccombat.com/

The RCCA website has a list of events. Usually there is a monthly contest somewhere in Texas. Right now, there is a hiatus because of the Texas summer heat, and probably Covid-19, but I'm sure that it will pick up again in the fall

Several of the local RC Clubs occasionally fly SEMFF foamy combat. But they don't take it seriously. If you want to compete in the official events, consider attending some of the local contests. They generally have them at the Texoma RC Club field near Sherman and also in Brennan. I used to be pretty active in RC Combat but have been flying Pylon for the last few years.

Thank you! Will check Texoma RC!
Nov 04, 2020, 01:30 AM
Andrew I will be coming to the Dallas area right after Christmas, plan on bringing a few combat planes.
Dec 04, 2020, 07:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWHorton
Andrew I will be coming to the Dallas area right after Christmas, plan on bringing a few combat planes.
Sorry, was on vacation. Glad to hear it - will be ready to combat Just give me a call when you'll came.

Quick Reply