May 25, 2020, 06:25 AM
Racer.Lt Owner
Thread OP
New Product

iFlight Alpha A85 HD 85mm 2Inch 4S Whoop w/Caddx Nebula Digital HD

Available SOON - currently added to Banggood no real release date yeat. (about 1 month)

First micro with DJI in 85gr

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Let's welcome the iFlight Alpha series, a new way to fly FPV. Ever wanted to try Digital FPV on the smallest possible whoop size quad? We sticked the caddx Vista and the new caddx Nebula cam to one of our new 2inch whoop frames, did some tuning and tried to find the optimal ratio between weight and power. This is what we came up with to combine flight time efficiency with sufficient power.

Features:

84.5 grams (without battery)
Butter smooth XING-E 1204,more torque and efficiency with longer flight times compared to 1105 motors
Ducts to protect the sensitive environment or yourself
Pre-tuned with smooth cinematic settings
iFlight Sigma 5.8G light antenna upgrade
iFlight Sigma 900mhz light micro antenna upgrade

Alpha A85 HD BNF Specs:

SucceX-D 20A F4 Whoop AIO
Motor: XING-E 1204 4500KV
Wheelbase: 85mm
Body size: 125*125mm
Ducted propeller size: 2 inch
FC pattern: 25.5*25.5mm
FPV cam spacing: 14mm
Weight: 84.5g (without battery)
Flight time: 5-7 min cruising (4S 450mAh)

FACTORY SETUP and WIRING DIAGRAM:

This BNF comes pre-built and setup with all necessary parameters to bind-and-fly. We also added a basic filter and PID tuning as well as some more secret Betaflight sauce to enhance the flight experience.

Reflashed your drone but didn't backup the setup? Messed up the whole tune and want our factory tune back?
No need to worry! All Factory Dumps and Wiring Diagrams can be found on our Google Drive: LINK

Alpha A85 HD Quad BNF Included Components and Parts

Prebuilt and tested Quadcopter
1x Alpha 85mm Frame
1x Caddx Nebula Digital HD System Kit
1x iFlight Sigma 5.8g light antenna
2sets HQ 2 inch 4-blades (Set of 4 - Color May Vary)
1x iFlight Lipo Strap

FC // SucceX-D 20A F4 Whoop AIO
*SucceX-D 20A F4 Whoop AIO
*Size:30.5*30.5mm
*Mounting pattern:25.5*25.5mm/φ3mm
*Connector:Micro-USB
*MCU:STM32F411
*Gyro:MPU6000
*Blackbox:8MB
*BEC output:5V 2A/10V 2A
*INA pad:UART2 (nR2)
*Barometer:no
*Constant current:20A,25A(Burst)
*Input:2-5S
*Current sensor:yes
*BLHeli:BLHeli-S
*Telemetry:no
*Target:IFLIGHT_F411_PRO
*Config:IFLIGHT_F411_PRO.config
*ESC Firmware:G-H-30 BLS

Additional Suggested Parts
DJI HD FPV Goggles
Radio Controller
Battery 4S 450mAh

IMPORTANT

The DJI Remote Controller is recommended for beginners since you won't need to set up another receiver, but it is also optional in this BNF drone because it is NOT required in order to use the FPV system. If you don't choose to use the DJI Remote Controller, you can choose a receiver option for your transmitter and then bind to your own radio as usual.

Listed at Banggood
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2020, 09:33 AM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
cool VTX ant holder.
May 25, 2020, 12:43 PM
Does it also function as an expensive impromptu smoke machine like many other fine iFlight products?
May 26, 2020, 07:08 AM
So far it looks like the Nebula degrades the image quality to a point that I don't think the weight and space savings are worth it. Indoors is the one environment that I think analog is plenty good...while also not needing a 4S power supply.
May 26, 2020, 04:03 PM
Racer.Lt Owner
Thread OP
Indoor analog is much worse when dji HD, thats the main reason why i want DJI for indoor fun.
and seems what i equaly dont trust QC on iflight and Caddx =)
Aug 06, 2020, 02:48 PM
Is it possible to adjust the camera settings? Bright light is pretty terrible, and makes it seem like the lens is fogged up. Indoors or out. It feels similar to the micro brushed quadcopter cameras from 5 years ago, which pale in comparison to todays micro analog cams, this should be way better than it is for what it costs!!
Aug 25, 2020, 12:23 PM
I just received my A85. Unfortunately the Vista seems faulty.
The firmware upgrade is succesful: V1.00.0600
After power up, the led on the Vista unit keeps solid red (AFAIK should be green), and not pairing at all.
I have some DJI FPV units as well, pairing is working with them,
In this video:
Caddx Vista Air Unit (Lite) - Setup & Review (9 min 40 sec)
after 5'50 the Led is green, so my Vista is different.
Is there anythink to try? (I already tried one more firmware upgrade, success, bit still red light)
Sep 16, 2020, 08:15 PM
Has anyone made a canopy that will fit a vista cam? The Nebula sucks and I hate it...lol
Oct 12, 2020, 09:26 AM
Video Juggernaut
Just ordered a 4k version with Caddx Loris. RDQ has them on clearance. Not seeing many reviews of these beside videos from the normal reviewers. Albert Kim said he had some problems with the first version. I think that's the one I am getting, with 1204 motors. However, he wasn't clear about what the actual problems were. Anyone own one of these? I'm wondering if it was a bad choice. LOL We'll see soon enough.
Oct 16, 2020, 11:27 AM
Video Juggernaut
Well I found out. It is the updated version even though it has the old specs on the RDQ site. What a deal for 140. I should have bought 2.

Anyway, flies great and the footage is amazing. It did require some tuning to get the wobbles out. Mine came flashed with 4.1.2 but I updated to 4.2. Comes with JESC already on there which is really nice.

Here is some test footage.

iFlight Alpha A85 4k (2 min 19 sec)

Quick Reply