May 25, 2020, 05:25 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Tower Hobbies

Many of you probably know this already. Join there Super Saver Club for $4.99 a year and your entitled to larger discounts applied at check out.
As well as other perks.
True some discounts do not apply to all manufacturers products as they once did in the past

As a example of the savings, I purchased a $199.99 Pheonix ARF, applied the $40 discount off $199.00 which reduced price of the ARF to $160.
And free shipping on top of that.
There are larger discounts for larger purchases.
I have been purchasing from Tower since 1990 and they have always provided excellent customer service.

Thank you
Johnny Walker
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2020, 10:12 PM
Plus tax now
May 26, 2020, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetflyer
Plus tax now
Yep...The government is getting their hands into more and more of our money.
I ordered some new chonies and at checkout I noticed there
was a "shipping tax" applied...
Cheers!
rm
May 26, 2020, 06:13 PM
Thread OP

Even tax on Ebay purchases

Tax on Ebay purchases. How many times can an item be taxed?
I miss the good ole days when purchasing on line meant avoiding state taxes.
Some sites are still able to get around it.
May 26, 2020, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalk2c
Tax on Ebay purchases. How many times can an item be taxed?
I miss the good ole days when purchasing on line meant avoiding state taxes.
Some sites are still able to get around it.
Ohhh Noooo...
Sure wish you hadn't said that out loud...
May 26, 2020, 08:06 PM
ICM
ICM
Unless you live in one of the few no sales tax states, you pay tax on brick and mortar purchases,. Why should hobby online retailers have a competitive advantage when they do business in your state while the local hobby shop is driven to extinction?
May 27, 2020, 08:06 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICM
Why should hobby online retailers have a competitive advantage when they do business in your state while the local hobby shop is driven to extinction?
Why should the brick and motars be required to act as tax collection agents for the government?
May 27, 2020, 08:13 AM
That thing almost hit me
A guy walks in to the 7-11 and pays for a coffee with a dollar which is taxed. The dollar is later handed out as change. That guy uses the dollar to buy lunch. It's taxed again. It's again given out as change. That guy uses it later in the day where it is taxed once more...and so it goes...
May 27, 2020, 01:31 PM
Yeah, who needs schools, roads, etc...
May 27, 2020, 03:16 PM
c/f
c/f
My Tower customer is from the late 70's when they first opened, I lost interest when in early 2000, I paid a premium for 2 day expidite delivery and learned that it can actualy take 4, when I did not have my order prior to leaving town for a contest.

I called to explain my long time custmer dissatisfaction and atleast wanted my $8 back for expiditing when the service manager explained to me that in the * asteriks* They have 48 hours to prepare a 2 day expidite so really 4 days met their obligation. So unless they are last supplier on planet to have an item, they go to the bottom of my list.
Latest blog entry: EF Outlaw 3+HP.....
May 27, 2020, 05:17 PM
Thread OP

I do see your point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICM
Unless you live in one of the few no sales tax states, you pay tax on brick and mortar purchases,. Why should hobby online retailers have a competitive advantage when they do business in your state while the local hobby shop is driven to extinction?
I concede, It is not a level playing field if you think about it in those terms.
John

Quick Reply