May 24, 2020, 11:14 AM
rcguser
Thread OP
Discussion

Horus X10 Access Upgrade problems

I tried to upgrade my X10S with the access upgrade kit. Everything was working before I started :-). Everything went OK with the physical cards upgrade. I installed the new mode 2 binary firmware fine, then the ISRM file upgraded fine. Finally I installed the new ISRM beta - all fine. The install didn't lose my models everything looked great. HOWEVER, the stick calibration didnt work and then I couldn't D16 bind to an X8R receiver (with the latest firmware already installed). I tried installing the upgrade firmware again and it worked fine but when I tried to reflash the ISRM firmware, now it says it fails on either version.

Help! Any ideas?
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2020, 03:29 PM
FrOS? Firmware version numbers? (and file names, preferably)
May 24, 2020, 05:22 PM
rcguser
Thread OP
Yes FRsky OS. Flashed X10_mode2_frtx.bin then ISRM_S_X10S_191113.frsk then
ISRM-S-X10S_2.1.0_20200518.frsk I also copied over the Flash directories from the upgrade zip file. Everything looked fine with the new model RF selections etc but the stick calibration didn't show stick movement and I couldn't bind. When I tried to reflash the same files the two ISRM files gave me errors.
May 24, 2020, 05:29 PM
Happy FPV flyer
The frsk files are not used with FrOS, they're only there for flashing the module with OpenTX.

With FrOS you just flash the desired FrOS version and that's it, it contains the module firmware already.
May 24, 2020, 06:02 PM
srl
srl
This last Saturday morning I instaled the new RF board , upgraded OpenTX to 2.3.7 from 2.3.5.

Downloaded and placed the RF files into the TX firmware directory.

Selecting the TX file made it flash immediately to the transmitter(internal).
Flashed ACCESS to my g-rx6 with the RX/TX SPort.
I had to look up the new binding procedure, placed it back in the aircraft and went out and used 2 batterys.
All fine.

srl
Last edited by srl; May 24, 2020 at 08:09 PM.
May 24, 2020, 08:46 PM
rcguser
Thread OP
Kilrah: OK but that's not what the Readme file says. So you are saying just flash the
X10_mode2_frtx.bin file....which is what I've done since the ISRMs wont load anymore....so why don't it work?
SRL: Nice to know your success but I'm on FROS so that doesn't help.
May 25, 2020, 02:11 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Ah yep, looks like they changed things and you can now flash the ISRM from the bootloader.
You are taking all files from the download page for the upgrade module and not the X10 or X10 Express pages, right?
May 25, 2020, 07:39 AM
rcguser
Thread OP
Kilrah: Thanks. Yes, using the zip file from the upgrade, not the Express. You said " you can now flash the ISRM from the bootloader" . What is that exactly? I'm not using the bootloader. I was flashing the ISRM files by simply executing them from the system menu.
I have to be doing something stupid when the upgrade seems to work but the stick calibration is dead. Here is what the readme says:This Package is for Upgrade Module Kit for X10/ X10S firmware update.

Version and Files:
ISRM \ ISRM_S_X10S_191113.frsk Upgrade file for ISRM .
X10_mode1_frtx/X10_mode2_frtx Upgrade file for x10/x10s.
X10 Bootload 1218.dfu Bootloader file for X10/ X10S.
Flash\ Flash content which should be put in Flash.
luaScript\ LuaScript files which should be put in Flash or MicroSD card.
readme.txt Release note

Firmware Version: v2.0.03
Date:20191108

ISRM Version : v1.1.5
Date :20191113

The release firmware resolved the issues below:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Optimized the authentication process
- Remove the delay of reconnection when in emergency mode

Please take care of that the firmware is only for Upgrade Module Kit for X10/X10S.
Please upgrade X10/X10S before ISRM module.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to update internal module ISRM:
By radio (SD card) :

1. Put the firmware under the folder [FIRMWARE] of the sd card.

2. Power on the radio and find the firmware, select it by press [ENT].

3. Select 'Flash int. module', wait to end.
If the file is in .frsk format, the module name will be shown on the menu to choose when to upgrade.
May 25, 2020, 09:50 AM
rcguser
Thread OP
Ooo Kaay. Some progress. I noticed my old model functions weren't working properly and switches seem to be reading wrong. Sooo. I deleted all my existing models. Then copied over just the Flash directory in the upgrade zip and re-flashed the upgrade X10_mode2_frtx.bin file. Now the stick calibration works normally!! It looks like old model files screw things up with the upgrade....bummer but OK I can recreate. The bind still doesn't work. I tried ISRM flash but that fails (but it worked fine before)?? Is there some reset I need to do to the card???
May 25, 2020, 01:11 PM
Did you flash X8R to 2.1 firmware?
May 25, 2020, 01:44 PM
rcguser
Thread OP
Thanks for the feedback! Yes. I've been running 2.1 on multiple receivers now for a while - easy, no issues. That's why I thought I'd be safe doing the upgrade :-)

Where I am now is that the ISRM is definitely the problem. It comes up with an error when I flash it and the Spectrum screen doesn't seem to be active. The crazy thing is that when I ty to flash the ISM and it errors, the stick calibration and monitor stops working. I then have to go in and delete the model I created and reflash the X10_mode2_frtx.bin to get everything back. I'm still hung on the ISRM flashing working fine at one point. It's like I have got the ISRM in a funny state and now it wont flash.
May 26, 2020, 07:25 AM
rcguser
Thread OP
...gave up and switched the ISRM board back to the XJT ACCST board. Replaced the firmware and models. Left the new PARA module installed. Everything seems to work fine. Have to conclude the ISRM board is bad. It worked for 10 minutes! Wish I'd never started this.....
May 26, 2020, 10:02 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by megamoan
Thanks for the feedback! Yes. I've been running 2.1 on multiple receivers now for a while - easy, no issues. That's why I thought I'd be safe doing the upgrade :-)

Where I am now is that the ISRM is definitely the problem. It comes up with an error when I flash it and the Spectrum screen doesn't seem to be active. The crazy thing is that when I ty to flash the ISM and it errors, the stick calibration and monitor stops working. I then have to go in and delete the model I created and reflash the X10_mode2_frtx.bin to get everything back. I'm still hung on the ISRM flashing working fine at one point. It's like I have got the ISRM in a funny state and now it wont flash.
The ISRM update firmware you flashed is not ACCST 2.1 compatible based on the info you posted (I don't believe the 2.1.0 firmware for the ISRM upgrade has been released yet).

But it does sound like something else is wrong there as well.
May 26, 2020, 11:42 AM
rcguser
Thread OP
...ahh Interesting thought indeed! The X10_mode2_frtx.bin and the ISM files are together. I just assumed.....but...that could be the issue. I can select either of the two types (ACCESS or ACCTS 16) from the model menu. I never actually tried to bind to an ACCESS upgraded RX.....
May 26, 2020, 02:20 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
To be clear, the ISRM 1.1.5 version is compatible with ACCESS 1.1.3 firmware for receivers (or later 1.1.x) and ACCST D16 v1,

ISRM 2.1.0 firmware is needed to do ACCESS 2.1.0 on receivers, or ACCST D16 v2.1.0

The usual EU/FCC caveats apply for ACCST as well.

As far as I'm aware, the 2.1.0 firmware for the ISRM upgrade has not been released yet, only the one for the Express transmitters.

Quick Reply