May 23, 2020, 07:02 PM
acw
acw
Thread OP
Discussion

Los Banos is open but not for RC gliders...

Hello everyone,

If you are like me, you have been waiting for Los Banos to open as California is in the process of recovering for Covid 19. I have been monitoring the Los Banos Park web site every other day to monitor the situation.

Today I realized the park opened again as of today, however, I called to verify and was told that the park is opened for boats and some other activity but the area we use for slope soaring is still closed and that no RC gliders are allowed. The park ranger that answered the phone was very nice and told me that he had no idea why this was the case. He recommended I call the manager on Tuesday to discuss the situation.

The phone number is (209) 826-1197 I will definitely call and would suggest anyone here to also call so they understand this isn't just one person...

I suspect they don't understand that we can definitely practice social distancing while flying RC gliders...

Arnaud
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2020, 01:47 PM
SF Bay Slope Flyer
I called the park ranger yesterday and she said they still have been told no gliders yet.
Has anyone had any luck convincing that head ranger?
May 29, 2020, 03:11 PM
acw
acw
Thread OP
The rangers are just doing their jobs. The issue is the superintendent. I called (209) 826-1197 and left him a message but of course no responses yet. This is ridiculous. There is simply no good reason to allow boats but not RC Gliders. I would appreciate if other folks here could call that number, raise the issue and leave a message.

I suspect this is the only way they will reconsider.

Arnaud
Jun 03, 2020, 10:55 AM
acw
acw
Thread OP
Just called again. Unfortunately, the area we use for RC gliders is still closed. The very nice lady told me she will enquire as to why and asked me to call back later this week.

Will report back.

Arnaud
Jun 17, 2020, 02:45 PM
acw
acw
Thread OP
Los Banos is open again for RC Gliders. I flew there last weekend.

I'll probably be there Friday and Saturday.

Arnaud
Jun 21, 2020, 11:33 AM
High Lift Coefficient
Arnaud and I flew there yesterday. Had the whole place to ourselves. Hot,but windy all day. Flew everything we brought.

Los Banos Slope low Fly-by (0 min 27 sec)

Quick Reply