VQ WARBIRDS Becomes LEGEND HOBBY!

Check out this news from VQ!

Splash

Legend Hobby Announcement

After 15 years as VQ WARBIRDS we are now moving forward with a new name, new website, and lots of new and exciting products. Our new name is LEGEND HOBBY! We launch our new name with an industry first, the all-new Legend Hobby 86" A-1 SKYRAIDER that was designed with careful attention to detail! Available in (3) Trim Schemes and as a Deluxe Model complete with (12) Rockets/rocket pylons, (3) Fiberglass Drop Tanks/Bomb with (3) Large Fiberglass Pylons or as a Standard model without the wing ordnance/pylons. You may add on the rockets, drop tanks/bomb, and pylons at a later date as we offer them as replacements/add on accessories. The Skyraider wing is manufactured with the slots for the pylons to be installed at the time of assembly or at a later time.

Our all-new www.LEGENDHOBBY.com website will be ready in approx 3 weeks so stay tuned for that! The new website has a much more streamlined layout, an improved search bar, and easier to navigate product category/subcategory buttons. We hope you enjoy the new website and all the exciting products coming soon! With this in mind we are moving on from VQ models and will no longer be carrying the line and a new importer will be revealed in the near future. We thank all our loyal customers for the 15 years of patronage and hope you continue to shop with us and support us in this new and exciting endeavor and we look forward to the next 15+ Years with you!

The NEW SEAGULL MODELS MAY CONTAINER IS DOCKING MAY 5 2020 in the USA! Make sure to order your new SEAGULL MODEL NOW so you don't miss out on these HOT and Several NEW MODELS: CLICK HERE NOW!

Thank you for supporting VQ WARBIRDS /LEGEND HOBBY and as always... "KEEP 'EM FLYING"

LEGEND HOBBY/VQ WARBIRDS Phone Order Hot Line: 1-833-WAR-BIRD / 1-833-927-2473

HOT NEW MODELS ARRIVING SUMMER 2020!

LEGEND HOBBY 86" A-1 SKYRAIDER US NAVY GRAY/WHITE ARF! SKYRAIDER

MODELS LEAVE FACTORY END OF JULY 2020! Pre-Order Now!

WELCOME to the all-new line of LEGEND HOBBY ARF MODELS. Each model is an original project by LEGEND HOBBY for YOU, the discriminating modeler. More scale fidelity, more features, and a great flying model is what encompasses each Legend Hobby model aircraft!

Our New Skyraider is available in (2) Color Schemes and 1 ARC Version! Choose from a South East Asia Camo scheme, a Gray/White US NAVY Scheme, or an uncovered ARC model! We offer a full range of landing gear options in both electric and pneumatic with scale A-1 SKYRAIDER wheels with inner hub brake cylinder detail machined right in, scale Skyraider Tail Strut/Retract as well!

Check out all the gear, accessories, and the Skyraider line that is available for you to review and pre-order HERE!

Team Pilot Randy Larsen is shown below with the LEGEND HOBBY 86" A-1 SKYRAIDER in the US NAVY gray/white ARF version. Randy is powering his Skyraider with our EME60 and a 20x10 Biela 4 Blade Prop.

SEAGULL PT-22 RECRUIT

The incredible looking and large wingspan SEAGULL PT-22 RECRUIT is shown above! Make sure to check out this incredibly rare and great flying model! Get your own SEAGULL PT-22 RECRUIT now while we still have some available!

Powerful, refined, updated, and Genuine RCGF USA STINGER Gas Engines

We carry the full line of Stinger Engines from 10cc through 70cc boxer twin we have you covered! Choose from side or rear exhaust, single or twin cylinder! All feature genuine Walbro Carburetor and RCEXL ignition systems! Don't settle for imitation RCGF USA STINGER Engines... Demand the Genuine article!

In Stock Here

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Jun 26, 2020 at 04:29 PM..
May 24, 2020, 09:36 PM
DFS#000178
I'm actually surprised this is just now happening. When I was at the AMA West show like 3 years ago the rep for VQ Warbirds said they were going under and getting bought out. They had some fantastic sales because of that. Buddy picked up one of the big Dauntlesses.

Still, good to see the brand sticking around. MotionRC's going to be selling much of their lineup under a different brand too so between Legend, HobbyKing and MotionRC's new brand, VQ seems to be getting around.
May 25, 2020, 02:28 PM
Is Tomas still "the man" at VQ... now Legend Hobby?
May 25, 2020, 02:53 PM
P-47 and Luftwaffe fanatic
Yeah he still is there. VQ warbirds is no longer going to be selling VQ planes and that’s one of the reasons the name is changing to Legend. Motion is now selling the VQ planes and are being renamed Nexa as their in house brand
May 25, 2020, 03:51 PM
Ho-lee-crap I am glad I got one of the B-24s... That might wind up being a single run plane... I gotta ask VQ if they still carry the gear for it because I don't have that yet...
May 25, 2020, 07:36 PM
"A company you know and trust is evolving into something even better. Learn more here!"

That's a very debatable statement as I love VQ planes.

Not really sure ditching electric and going large scale combustion planes is "evolving."
May 25, 2020, 08:21 PM
There are a lot of Seagull planes and more coming carrying the Legend name are/will be easy electric compatible. Not everything coming is a large 50cc size. I’m looking forward to seeing things coming and not really sorry to see the VQ planes go. I had the P47 Hairless Joe camo scheme and it took a lot of work to make it right but that’s my opinion
May 26, 2020, 05:30 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncflyer79
Yeah he still is there. VQ warbirds is no longer going to be selling VQ planes and that’s one of the reasons the name is changing to Legend. Motion is now selling the VQ planes and are being renamed Nexa as their in house brand
Christ. I'm never going to get the retracts for that Hellcat now.

Who's going to have the planes that were a partnership between VQ and Seagull, like the O-2?
May 26, 2020, 09:17 AM
Arrowhead
Gator-RC has Seagull. And from (dodgy) memory I think I saw some VQ on their site. And as previously mentioned, Motion has picked up the VQ line, albeit relabeled.
May 26, 2020, 09:42 AM
Rampage I would imagine Motion will be getting the Hellcat sometime soon if so you’ll be able to get your retracts through them. If they are anything like the retracts that I got with my P47 you’ll be able to get the same thing from Hobbyking probably if you look for rotating retracts. Also the Eflites would be an option maybe?
May 26, 2020, 11:40 AM
Tomas still has some VQ stuff listed on his website. Give him a try.

My personal experience with Tomas has been great! I'd rather see him evolve his business than lose him as a vendor!
May 26, 2020, 12:52 PM
HobbyKing never has the good retracts in stock ever... like... ever...

I'm waiting for the big servoless steel ones to come back into stock to see about getting them for my VQ B-24 vs paying $500-$600 for robarts...
May 26, 2020, 09:39 PM
DFS#000178
Hobbyking has almost nothing for 90* rotating retracts at all. It's kind of strange really. The supply of 90* rotating retracts appears to have dried up..

The EFlites apparently require a lot of modifications and I don't really want to do any modding on this project I just want them to drop in and work. It's not really a plane I want to put a ton of work into if I'm completely honest.

I'm half tempted to just buy the Robart set for it even though they cost more than I paid for the airplane. at least they're drop-in.
May 26, 2020, 09:54 PM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
Oops misread...
May 27, 2020, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Hobbyking has almost nothing for 90* rotating retracts at all. It's kind of strange really. The supply of 90* rotating retracts appears to have dried up..

The EFlites apparently require a lot of modifications and I don't really want to do any modding on this project I just want them to drop in and work. It's not really a plane I want to put a ton of work into if I'm completely honest.

I'm half tempted to just buy the Robart set for it even though they cost more than I paid for the airplane. at least they're drop-in.
Can always email Sierra... although they are Pneumatic.

Quick Reply