Jul 26, 2021, 04:55 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Cant wait to see the pics guys, this is like Christmas waiting for a new plane.
My hats off to all of you keeping Johns memory alive but more important his camaraderie between known friends and all of us long distance friends.
You guys have done a great job keep us connected .
I have been wearing the T-shirt to my field and will keep his tribute going about what a great builder he was and long distance friend.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2021, 10:42 AM
Outstanding!!!!!
Jul 26, 2021, 02:13 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
i found a really cool web page which explains the color schemes on some of the midway SB2U's. since were doing white 2, this was extremely helpful!!

https://inchhighguy.wordpress.com/20...tle-of-midway/
Jul 26, 2021, 03:18 PM
B-25 admirer

Event

Guys,
I think it is time we all started getting excited about this year's event.
I posted some notes over on the official event thread here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=293
I'll start a T-shirt list there.
Please check in on that thread so you can get the latest info on the upcoming event.
I hope you all can make it.

Thanks
Wade
Jul 26, 2021, 04:40 PM
Thanks wade! Ill tell the texas crew to chime in
Jul 27, 2021, 12:15 AM
Registered Plan-a-holic
Can't wait for the video and pics. Too bad the border is closed. Good on you guys for doing this.
Jul 27, 2021, 07:14 PM
They call me Lipo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
i found a really cool web page which explains the color schemes on some of the midway SB2U's. since were doing white 2, this was extremely helpful!!

https://inchhighguy.wordpress.com/20...tle-of-midway/
This link is super AMAZING !!!

The plastic scale modeler crowd is FANATICAL in detail. I should know, I used to be one. Between the Squadron Signal Pubs, and any other books you can find, specific details not only add to the accuracy of the model, but give it significant context in the overall scheme of things, in this case, the PTO during WWII.

I watched MANY Flory Models live streams over the past year on YouTube, and I can tell you, the plastic scale crowd takes this stuff seriously

Very nice tribute indeed and I can't wait to see the finished model flying gracefully in J's honor over one of his favorite events...!
Jul 27, 2021, 07:20 PM
They call me Lipo...
I've read through HALF of the link....SUPER informative

Just read the level of detail in the paint/markings/repairs done to the Vindicators. I mean, where else do you get this level of fidelity and research?

I love stuff like this....just love it !
Last edited by Justwingit; Jul 27, 2021 at 07:49 PM.
Jul 27, 2021, 10:26 PM
Yes i felt like i stumbled across a gold mine!!! Ill be following their research for sure. Spells it all oyt quite plainly really.
Jul 31, 2021, 11:35 PM
Capt. Z
Yeah talk about detail, WOW here are two lines I cut and pasted from the link that kind of say it all how they look at detail.

"The fuselage shows various tones, lighter in some areas and darker in others. This is the Light Gray showing through where the Blue Gray has faded or been rubbed off on the areas where the crew would enter and leave the aircraft. Likely there is a healthy layer of dust present as well".
Aug 01, 2021, 11:36 AM
B-25 admirer

Corrected link

Good morning guys,
I hope you all can attend the All ELectreic event to see this masterpiece fly in person.

Here is a better link to the event thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post47556505

Hope to see you there

Wade
Aug 02, 2021, 10:14 AM
thanks for the link Wade were really looking forward to it. Bentley has been talking about it since last year hahahaha

sorry for the lack of updates guys. the last week has been super busy (vacation ect) but im hoping to get going asap. though this weekend is a wash because i'll be at a event for 2 days and I'll be working in san diego for the next month or so but will be home on weekends. thankfully scott did all the hard work so now i get to come in and finish up with the fun stuff. come hell or high water this model will be done for st george though.
Aug 03, 2021, 12:28 PM
Hi all, sorry if I missed this, but is there a flyer with the event info (dates,location,etc) that I can review? I checked the thread but perhaps I missed it.

D-Rock
Aug 03, 2021, 03:00 PM
B-25 admirer

No Flyer yet

I have asked for a flyer from the club and they say it will be here any day.
When I get it, I'll post it. In the mean time:

Dates: Officially Sept 24-25, but guys usually come early and fly Thursday and some even as early as Wed.
Sunday would be open flying if you wish to stay and fly
Time: 8 am -6pm

There is an "official" thread here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1-%28J-Meff%29
Aug 14, 2021, 07:15 PM
JOHN MORGAN SB2U VINDICATOR ep1 (12 min 26 sec)

Quick Reply