May 22, 2020, 05:56 PM
Thread OP
Yippee!

Palomar RC Flyers Monthly Aerotow is Back

PRCF is bringing back it's First Saturday of the Month Aerotow starting June 6th at 1100am. However for the time being only PRCF members will be allowed. Also social distancing will be required. Masks needed if <6' distance.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2020, 09:56 PM
Thread OP
We started the day with a little shower followed by good lift. Cloud base 700mtr.
Jun 11, 2020, 06:22 PM
Thread OP

First Saturday of the Month Aerotow for July

The first Saturday is the 4th so the aerotow has been moved a week ahead to June 27th. Sorry still members only.
Jun 12, 2020, 12:35 AM
Looking forward to it.

Tom
Jun 17, 2020, 09:59 PM
ug. hating all this waiting!!!
Jun 19, 2020, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Hi Paul,
Sorry the club has been limiting the number of people to 12 on the field. That's why members only. I would think public will be back for August aerotow. I hope.
Jun 22, 2020, 03:13 PM
Thread OP

First Saturday of the Month Aerotow for August

We will welcome visitors to the Aerotow on August 1st. We still need face masks when close than 6', but this is better than not flying. Hope to see the Riverside gang.
Jun 22, 2020, 05:06 PM
count me in jim, I look forward to attending!
Jul 27, 2020, 11:01 PM
Gasbags & Gussets

i'm planning on going

Hi Jim.

i am planning on going this saturday.

thanks for updates and opportunity,
john s.
Jul 28, 2020, 05:57 PM
Team Futaba
Can I bring a non scale electric launch glider if I want to hang out with the cool guys??
Aug 01, 2020, 06:56 PM
Thread OP
First Saturday of August Aerotow was a success with the yeoman work of CopterX and his 1/3 scale Pawnee. No glass this month only classic sailplanes. Looking forward to the 5th of September for the next one. Had good lift up high today. Thanks again Paul you saved the day with your towing.
Aug 02, 2020, 06:04 PM
Gasbags & Gussets

Another great flying session, thank you !

Thank you Jim G, Palomar RC club and Paul Kopp for making yesterdays Palomar Aerotow event work out so well.

Paul's towplane worked flawlessly, the weather was breezy on the ground but oddly calmer at flying height. The result
was as much time flying as you wanted to do.

Also a big thanks to all flyers and visitors who wore face masks, it made socializing and setting up much more like normal times.

best wishes, john s.
Aug 02, 2020, 07:31 PM
Thanks John for the great photos. Special thanks to Paul for his great tows. I flew my Cherokee till I was tired, Lift was very easy to find. Looking forward to the first Sat in Sept when we can do it again.

Mike L
Aug 15, 2020, 06:50 PM
Thread OP

September Aerotow

Were looking at the first Saturday of the month aerotow on Saturday September 5th at 1030am. Remember a tow pilot and your favorite mask. Or is it the other way?
Aug 31, 2020, 06:55 PM
Thread OP

Hot Hot Hot

We are cancelling the aerotow for Saturday the 5th because of a 102-106 prediction. Look here later for the redue.

Quick Reply