May 22, 2020, 04:14 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Thread OP
Discussion

Somebody build this while I'm at work

Two-channel planes are unpopular for a very good reason. That reason is sixteen-channel radios.

But remember the charm and durability of the old Aero Ace bipes? And the jet version that was even tougher? No control surfaces, no servos.... almost no control, true... but still plenty of fun. They never broke. All of mine got modified to death, except one, a green "A" channel that I'm pretty sure still flies.

What I'm thinking about is something as silly simple and durable as that, but with brushless motors and a proper radio. Maybe a little bigger. Lightweight, draggy, plenty of thrust. No servos, just two-channel, dual-motor control.

Can you get one to loop and roll?
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2020, 09:02 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
They still have marginal control even when 'hacked'.

Ray.
May 22, 2020, 10:44 AM
flyin' fool
I just revisited this old friend recently, it's an 8" sq. PBF. A pure simple design for loads of fun indoor and out.
May 22, 2020, 07:11 PM
Retired CAD guy
I fly my Slowly with only throttle and Rudder on occasion.
I believe that thread name is Sowly.

I has "FULL" RET but is a great platform for attempting 2 channel flying also.

Quick Reply