This thread is privately moderated by CurrentDude, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 21, 2020, 05:40 AM
I got FPV fever
Thread OP
Build Log

Ben Buckle's Junior 60 grown up to Junior 90 inch !! :)

A friend of mine presented me with a large ic model which his father's friend had built and he had no idea of the name or any other model specifications. The model was built with love and the modeller was a perfectionist that I could tell by looking at the model. It had a two or four stroke C90 ic engine and need less to say full of hangar rush and diesel gunge on both wings and tail plane. The model stayed in my garage for nearly 4 years and the condition of the model did not particularly inspired me to start working on it straight away.

During this Covid19 lockdown, I decided to have a look again. Took out the engine so that I can put an electric motor. Cabin section was weak so I re-glued all the woods and re-enforced it with some spruce.

The original wing and tail planes were retained by rubber bands. So that had to go. I'm using nylon bolts to hold them down. There were 90 degree bends on both rudder and elevator control rods so they had to go too. I'm using closed loops for rudder and direct connections to split elevator fron two 12 g MG servos. Also increased elevator by 10 mm. Elevators were binding so changed hinges with 30 mm Kavan hinges. The original hinges were thin plastic similar to that we find in most 50 inch foamy models. However, to make my life difficult, hinges were pinned with metal pins and flushed to the elevator. Removing them were not easy, if not impossible. After a lots of me thinkings, the answer was obvious, why not use Drummel metal grinder. Well that was a 10 min job.

Meanwhile, I was researching to find the name of the model. Fortunately, came across two photograpgs of BB's Super 60 in an old BMFA magazine. Pictures looked good which acted as my inspiration. I used to look at them time to time to inspire me. to be continued with some photos.
Last edited by CurrentDude; May 21, 2020 at 06:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply