This thread is privately moderated by RGS2010, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 19, 2020, 12:34 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Thread OP
Discussion

2020 Update

It's been over a year since my last update...

My newest plane is a Freewing F-16C, 6 Cell 70mm edf. I haven't gotten to maiden it yet because I want to wait until I get access to a concrete runway (see below). It's the Arctic Camo version and it looks great...its the version 2. I have put a Gooniac afterburner system in it and it looks great (on the ground at least). Can't wait to fly it.

My Eflite F-4 is still in one piece and it's still my favorite EDF. It's fast, it's stable (no gyro), and it's tons of fun. After getting the flaps tuned with the elevator, it lands like it's on rails.

The Freewing F-35 has put me through some trials and tribulations. I had trouble controlling it, so twitchy...and fast...and difficult to see. It had one hard landing and wrinkled the nose a bit but it's all back together and thanks to a FrSky S6R stabilizing receiver, it's now a joy to fly.

The Freewing F-15 is still doing well but it has not been flown much lately since the Corona Covid-19 virus outbreak. Why, you ask? Well our NASA flying site has shut down and the only field that I can fly is at a grass runway field the the F-15 and most of my other planes too are not grass friendly.
The F-15 is 90 mm but is just too heavy for grass takeoffs.

The only plane that has done well on the grass field is my Freewing DH-112 Venom...it's a 90mm edf that takes off in just a few feet so it does well in grass. I tried my Freewing F-86 in the grass and lost a main gear (just pulled out of socket) on two successive flights so no more of that!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply