This thread is privately moderated by marcmc17, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 19, 2020, 01:43 AM
Trader Rating: 18
Thread OP
$1,234.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Dumas Thompson trawler 38"

Up for consideration is a very nicely detailed trawler.
Entire mast,boom,riggers,and standing rigging can be removed/replaced in less than 5 minutes, so setup at the Lake is minimal/easy transport.
Entire superstructure, decks and forecastle are also easily removed for full access to the interior hull.
This has been sailed maybe 6-8 times and is a crowd pleaser. Details as follows:
12vdc Dumas motor.
3.25" 3 Blade brass prop
3-1 gear reduction
60amp marine esc
Dual drum winch
Captain's chair, full compliment of pilot house furniture, bunk,chart table, cabinets, radio, radar, throttle quadrant, charts,and more.
Full set of frnt,rear,side fenders custom made.
Lights are as follows:
Pilot house interior lights
Halogen work /deck lights
Mast lights.
Will require your TX/RX/BATT
I have shelved this boat for the past 6-7 years and it time for someone who will show her off on the water.
For those who might be interested, I would be happy to provide better/more info and pics.
I spent five years building off and on this project and would be embarrassed to admit the time involved. I don't know the value of something like this, so any feedback is appreciated. Looking for an honest offer which is fair to both parties.
Thanks for your time and consideration!
Marc
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2020, 09:09 AM
Trader Rating: 0
Interested, PM sent.
May 19, 2020, 09:41 AM
Trader Rating: 83
Mt. Dora, Florida
This is a real beauty.
May 19, 2020, 12:18 PM
Trader Rating: 18
Thread OP
Mr Mike!
Good to hear from you, I appreciate you kind words. Coming from you is a real treat, as we all here recognize the quality of your work!
Thank you!!
May 22, 2020, 12:12 PM
Trader Rating: 7
Marc

Before you sell that, could you post or email me some photos? When we spoke, you told me that you had an excellent set up for the masts and rigging - that you could assemble / disassemble them in about 5 minutes, I'd kill to see those photos. Recall I have one of these kits on the side and will inevitably build.
May 22, 2020, 06:23 PM
if you still have it, id like to see the photos. im up in fernandina beach, ots above jax on the state line. my mom side of the family had 27 shrimp boats in the family. i did not become a fishrrman, i joined the military. for 23 yrs i served. i miss it so much
my email. [email protected]
May 26, 2020, 03:23 AM
do you still have this

Quick Reply