This thread is privately moderated by mtdoramike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 18, 2020, 08:51 AM
Trader Rating: 83
Mt. Dora, Florida
Thread OP
$275.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Artesania Latin Hellen Boat

I currently working on the Artesania Latina Hellen, fishing boat and hope to have her finished within the next three weeks or so and looking to find her a new home. THIS kit came with one of the best plastic hulls I have ever had the pleasure to work with. I'm not a fan of plastic hulls, but this one is an exception. Now this is a stout boat, the hull is 36" long x 9 1/2" wide x 7" tall, but the height of the boat when finished will be about 24" with the mast. I intend to make the mast removable or collapsible for shipping purposes if it can be done without too much trouble for the recipient to reposition. I'm just doing the basics here, if you want to turn it into a trawler or what ever you want, the boat will be built, giving you a starting point to turn it into what ever you want.

The Hellen will come receiver ready, all you will need to add is your transmitter receiver and battery. This kit has been out of production for quite a while, but if you can find one they usually sell for around $250.00. I'm offering this one receiver ready for $275.00 plus the cost of shipping.

Unfortunately the Admiral has laid down the law and in order for me to continue building, one comes in one must go out.

No money now, only an interest and I'll let you know when it's ready to go.
Last edited by mtdoramike; May 18, 2020 at 10:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2020, 01:08 AM
Trader Rating: 18
Mr Mike!
I should have just commissioned your time to build the kit instead of selling it. I would definitely be interested in the completed boat if you can keep the price point in the range you are quoting.
However I have a perfect drive system for this kit.
(Mack products #1200 series 3 to 1 gear reduction, with 12vdc brushed motor and esc, packaged in a red iodized aluminum case Nib.
Please let me know if you are interested, and I will send you the drive system. I would feel fortunate to have one of your builds.
As always, best regards to you and your family!
Marc
May 19, 2020, 09:46 AM
Trader Rating: 83
Mt. Dora, Florida
Thread OP
Hi Marc, thanks for the offer of the motor, but I have the geared motor you sent with the kit and it's installed and operational. It will not be a fast running boat, but will run at scale speed, which is best for this model. The price I quoted is the firm price less the cost of shipping. I figure shipping this beast could run $75.00-$100.00 once it's completed. I will be able to give a firm shipping quote. I will put you on the list and will notify you when it's finished.
May 19, 2020, 12:33 PM
Trader Rating: 18
Mr Mike.
Thanks for your consideration. I look forward to seeing the hellen, you being true to form she will be stunning.

Quick Reply