May 17, 2020, 10:48 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Horizon Sport Cub S2

Hi all just bought a Sport Cub S2 BNF I have it bound to the new version DX8e, my question is when I toggle through the 3 flight modes I don't see any change in the ailerons, elevator or rudder it moves the same distance in all 3 flight modes, I chatted with Horizon tech he said they don't change until the plane is in the air somehow this doesn't make sense to me, as a beginner pilot wouldn't you want to be in beginner mode for take offs and landings
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2020, 11:20 AM
The flight modes donít become active until the throttle is advanced past 25% after power up. That always gets me.
May 17, 2020, 11:28 AM
Information Sponge
Pull the prop and try the 25% input and see what gives. I'm unfamiliar with the SCS2 but have a Carbon Cub S+ and the modes are all apparent while powered up and sitting on the ground.
May 17, 2020, 03:19 PM
Page 11 in the manual.
May 17, 2020, 04:38 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the help guys I was comparing it to my Apprentice STS when on the ground you can see the travel between the modes when going from one to the other. I did do the test on page 11 and safe does appear to be working, had the throttle at approx 35% while holding the plane still did not see a lot of difference between the 3 modes.

Quick Reply