ISDT Q6 Nano BattGo 200W 8A Charger

The iSDT Q6 is a great deal in battery charger land. I have several iSDT chargers and the quality hardware and software certainly stand out.

Splash

Powerful Charger for under $30

The iSDT Q6 Nano is a great deal in battery charger land. I have several iSDT chargers and the quality hardware and software certainly stand out. This one can handle 1-6 lithium batteries including LiFE, Lion, Lipo and LiHV packs. It of course can also charge lead acid and NiMH too. Max wattage is listed at 200W and a max charge rate of 8A. The color display is bright and easy to read and see all the important information about your battery during charge. It has a USB port which connects to a computer for firmware updates. It really is a nice little charger for a great price, so if you are on a budget, or wanting a spare charger or two, this could be what you are looking for.

Specifications:

• Input Voltage: DC 10-30V
  • Max Input Current: 9A
  • Output Voltage: DC 1-30V
  • Charge Current: 0.1A-8.0A
  • Discharge Current: 0.1A-1.0A
  • Max Charge Capacity: 200W
  • Max Discharge Capacity: 10W
  • Balance Current: 0.5A/Cell Max
  • Balance Cells: 2-6S
  • Color: Green/White/Yellow
  • Support Battery: LiFe,Lion,LiPo,LiHV:1-6S / Pb: 1-12S / NiMH: 1-16S
  • Display: 1.5" 240X240 IPS LCD
  • Size: 72x72x32mm
  • Weight: 120g

Check out the iSDT Q6 Nano Charger at Banggood

May 14, 2020, 12:31 AM
I really like my older iSDT chargers, however I'm wondering how the controls on this one operate; is it press up for Scroll Up, press down for Scroll Down and press in the middle for Enter?

I haven't yet been able to find a review on the iSDT Q6 Nano.
May 14, 2020, 05:31 PM
Also, can this discharge batteries too? Looking for another storage charger.
May 14, 2020, 05:38 PM
Answers. Who knows. No manual I could find for the nano. I ordered one, guess I'll find out.
Last edited by rpstar; May 14, 2020 at 06:19 PM.
May 15, 2020, 03:51 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Should be the same as other iSDT chargers which has a storage charge mode. Only issue I have with iSDT in this regard is the discharge rate is very slow and takes a long time to take down to storage level vs other chargers I have.
May 16, 2020, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Should be the same as other iSDT chargers which has a storage charge mode. Only issue I have with iSDT in this regard is the discharge rate is very slow and takes a long time to take down to storage level vs other chargers I have.
It's very small, so that is probably why.
May 17, 2020, 10:33 PM
Yes, not much discharge capacity in these little chargers, but ISDT also has dedicated dischargers which are pretty nice and do the job quickly.
May 19, 2020, 08:28 AM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
I have 4 ISDT chargers, 1AC, 3 DC, they are feature packed and passing the test of time, highly recommended.
May 27, 2020, 12:19 PM
model aviation is not a crime
The Horizon / Spektrum guys said Spektrum SMART batteries will work on iSDT / BattGO technology enabled chargers and battery checkers

So, with an Amass XT60I-F battery side to IC3 device side adapter

Spektrum SMART batteries will connect and work on iSDT BattGO enabled smart chargers and the BG-8S checker.

My testing results are posted in my blog page.
May 31, 2020, 11:43 AM
What would lonelasso do?
I had 2 ISDT Q6 Lite chargers that I liked very well for a little over a year, then both failed (one with smoke, one with flames) within a short period of time. I have no idea if the Nano is any more reliable, I will not be buying any more ISDT chargers.
Yesterday, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfv61
I had 2 ISDT Q6 Lite chargers that I liked very well for a little over a year, then both failed (one with smoke, one with flames) within a short period of time. I have no idea if the Nano is any more reliable, I will not be buying any more ISDT chargers.
Good to know. Means I better be careful to monitor them when in use more than I have with my US design chargers I've had for years. It's so small the entire charger can probably fit in the lipo bag with the battery but then it would probably overheat so... . Maybe it's time I get back to using the cinder block "enclosure" method on the concrete floor where I charge.
Today, 07:47 AM
What would lonelasso do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar
Good to know. Means I better be careful to monitor them when in use more than I have with my US design chargers I've had for years. It's so small the entire charger can probably fit in the lipo bag with the battery but then it would probably overheat so... . Maybe it's time I get back to using the cinder block "enclosure" method on the concrete floor where I charge.
Fortunately I was staring right at it when it caught fire. I also had a HOTA D6 fail recently (no smoke, flame,etc), it was only 3 months old. These new small, powerful (plastic) chargers seem impressive but I'm now convinced the larger metal "old school" designs are more robust (not really surprising). My Hyperion Duo is well over 10 years old and still works pretty well.
Last edited by jfv61; Today at 07:56 AM.
Today, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfv61
Fortunately I was staring right at it when it caught fire. I also had a HOTA D6 fail recently (no smoke, flame,etc), it was only 3 months old. These new small, powerful (plastic) chargers seem impressive but I'm now convinced the larger metal "old school" designs are more robust (not really surprising). My Hyperion Duo is well over 10 years old and still works pretty well.
Yeah, got a hyperion duo also and it's rock solid. No storage charge ability though which is really my main interest with this one anyways so I can storage charge more than one lipo at a time.
Today, 09:46 AM
MK
MK
Get a $5 smoke detector from Home Depot and put it near your charge setup when charging. A secondary piece of mind.
Today, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK
Get a $5 smoke detector from Home Depot and put it near your charge setup when charging. A secondary piece of mind.
Already got that. And a fire extinguisher.

Quick Reply