120 S2 RTF with SAFE Technology (BLH1100)

Breakthrough the heli learning barrier with the Blade 120 S2. Featuring the proven durability of the 120 S platform with updated flight characteristics and integrated telemetry.

Splash

120 S2 RTF

The 120 S2 is a great way to graduate from coaxial helis and multirotor drones to a single-rotor machine. Easily one of the best fixed pitch heli models on the market, it's perfect for beginner RC pilots and will attract seasoned pilots looking for a fun and easy flying model with high durability and integrated telemetry. Fixed-pitch, flybarless rotor mechanical simplicity lets you enjoy extra speed and agility with a design that has a high-level of durability and efficiency. Exclusive SAFE® technology helps keep you in control by delivering the stability you need to develop confidence quickly. Prevent a crash the second you feel disoriented—just press the Panic Recovery button and SAFE technology locks the 120 S2 into a familiar level attitude. So whether you aim to advance your skills, or want a fun fly-around heli, the Blade 120 S2 can help you be the master of single-rotor flight.

Blade 120 S2 BNF & RTF Trainer Helicopter (3 min 0 sec)

Features

• Fully assembled, no building necessary
  • SAFE® technology allows for an easy and leisurely heli experience
  • Panic recovery mode can prevent a crash
  • Integrated voltage telemetry to your compatible Spektrum Transmitter
  • Flybarless rotor mechanical simplicity
  • Durable construction
  • High-speed main and coreless tail rotor motors
  • Sub-micro linear long-throw cyclic servos
  • E-flite® 500mAh 1S 3.7V 25C Li-Po flight battery and charger
  • Multi-function transmitter with Spektrum™ DSMX® technology

Learn More!

Go here for pricing and more info...

May 14, 2020, 05:10 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
It looks like a decent trainer, but whoever chose the music needs their decision-making license revoked.
May 14, 2020, 12:50 PM

$150 for a chinese made model?

Why is this Chinese made model so much more then other Chinese made ones?
https://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V911...r_warehouse=CN

You can buy tree of these so have 2 complete models as "spare" for the "price" of this one.

And yes the other one also has "auto-level"

May 14, 2020, 12:57 PM

buy this with the money you save.

When you get the Chinese model without the "hype tax" then you could buy one of these
https://www.banggood.com/RadioMaster...r_warehouse=CN

Then you have a transmitter that can ALSO do spectrum AND Frsky AND MANY OTHERS,
For $30 you could have the version that OUTPERFORMS ALL SPECTRUM transmitters.
Instead of looking stupid wasting money on hype you can enjoy better value for money and not being stuck buying overpriced receivers.
May 15, 2020, 02:07 AM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulder

You can buy tree of these so have 2 complete models as "spare" for the "price" of this one.

Those are two different designs with no parts compatibility

I'm not saying the banggood one is bad but it's not like horizon is just rebranding stuff. They are actually developing things too
May 15, 2020, 02:23 AM
"Value" to me is spending a little extra for something I can buy at my local shop, with local parts support, instead of waiting for packages from China.

Different strokes, I guess.
May 15, 2020, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
"Value" to me is spending a little extra for something I can buy at my local shop, with local parts support, instead of waiting for packages from China.

Different strokes, I guess.

Agreed.

Plus it's nice to have a number to call when you get stuck.
I've never called it cuz I know everything.
May 15, 2020, 08:50 AM
Quote:
It looks like a decent trainer, but whoever chose the music needs their decision-making license revoked.

What do you want them to use? Bach? Megadeath? Toby Keith?
Seriously though, not enough laser sounds.
May 15, 2020, 02:53 PM
Da Vinci's Notebook!

In all honesty, boring as it may seem, I prefer to hear the model, not just watch it.
May 16, 2020, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Da Vinci's Notebook!

In all honesty, boring as it may seem, I prefer to hear the model, not just watch it.
I love the sounds my helis make, even the small ones. Ok maybe not the direct drive tails.
Last edited by Steve_; May 16, 2020 at 05:14 PM.
May 17, 2020, 03:36 PM
Interesting.. Though I don't see any difference in the 120 S2 than the 120 S (which I have 2). The 120 S compared to the the 120SR was a pretty big leap forward, and I think Horizon really got it right with the 120 S (I bought a 120SR a few weeks ago just to be able compare it to the S).

Looking at the parts diagram for the S and the S V2 the only significant difference is the p/n for the Main Control Board.

I think the 120 S is a nice intro heli and spare parts are only a day or two shipping time away. I plan on sticking with micro heli's for awhile.
Last edited by chickenhawk; May 17, 2020 at 07:27 PM.
May 18, 2020, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulder

At first, I thought the Blade 120 S2 might be another re-branded Esky, like they did with the 70 S. But after seeing both with the canopy off, I can see they are not. I understand though, that it would save some money, and it's a Fixed Pitch Heli, but, I feel what someone else said in the thread makes more sense to me. With HH, you have access to spare parts readily, plus, you can talk to an actual human being, if something goes wrong. Also, I have no idea if the Bangood one can bind to my Spektrum DX9.

I absolutely love my Blade 70 S, in fact so much, I own 3. Well 2 of the 70 S model, and I found a great deal on Fleabay, of a never flown Esky 150 V2. I love the little red LED in the tail, when you throttle it up.

I've been a fixed wing pilot since 2003, but I've always wanted to get into Heli's but was just intimidated, as I always heard how hard they are to learn. The idea to finally make the leap into helis, was this Covid lockdown. I started in the beginning of April, and I'm totally hooked on Helis now. I can already tell, my hobby room, which is already full of my planes, will have to make room for all the Helis I know I will be buying.

Even though I have a Nano S2 now, since I'm working up to flying CP, I will still get one of these 120 S2's, when they become available. Can't Wait!
Last edited by Capgun_Slim; May 18, 2020 at 07:33 PM.
May 18, 2020, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capgun_Slim
At first, I thought the Blade 120 S2 might be another re-branded Esky, like they did with the 70 S. But after seeing both with the canopy off, I can see they are not. I understand though, that it would save some money, and it's a Fixed Pitch Heli, but, I feel what someone else said in the thread makes more sense to me. With HH, you have access to spare parts readily, plus, you can talk to an actual human being, if something goes wrong. Also, I have no idea if the Bangood one can bind to my Spektrum DX9.

I absolutely love my Blade 70 S, in fact so much, I own 3. Well 2 of the 70 S model, and I found a great deal on Fleabay, of a never flown Esky 150 V2. I love the little red LED in the tail, when you throttle it up.

I've been a fixed wing pilot since 2003, but I've always wanted to get into Heli's but was just intimidated, as I always heard how hard they are to learn. The idea to finally make the leap into helis, was this Covid lockdown. I started in the beginning of April, and I'm totally hooked on Helis now. I can already tell, my hobby room, which is already full of my planes, will have to make room for all the Helis I know I will be buying.

Even though I have a Nano S2 now, since I'm working up to flying CP, I will still get one of these 120 S2's, when they become available. Can't Wait!
From what I can tell the 120 S2 is basically a 120 S with telemetry for batt voltage. I bought another pre-owned BNF 120 S on Fleabay last night with all the right Microheli pieces installed, the original Blade/HH parts that were removed, and a few batteries. Price was less than the cost of the MH upgrades!

The OEM swashplate was the Achilles heel on the 120 S (and the S2 has the same p/n), Replace it and you'll have a nice heli.

These micro helis are addictive!
May 18, 2020, 11:27 PM
Chickenhawk, thank you. So what parts on the heli you bought, were upgrades, and what were they made out of? Since that seems to be the only difference between the S and the S2, I might as well just get the S.

The swashplate sucks, thank you, got it. Which Swashplate do you suggest I get? Also, do you know if anyone has converted one over to a brushless setup?

Once I burn out the motor in the Nano S2, I'm going to do that brushless conversion several people have done with their Nano S2's.
May 19, 2020, 07:25 AM
Heligamist
I've had a couple of the original 120S helis and they are fine if all you want to do is fly around upright in patterns. I still have one going. They are prone to a wobble until they get going. I don't know if they've addressed that in the new version. I always imagined it's due to the very low HS. They are pretty tough except for the boom which is what breaks most of the time. Any wind over 5 mph makes them not so much fun to fly.

You definitely need the AL swash but anything else like on the Nano just weighs it down quite a bit.

Quick Reply