Aug 23, 2020, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0077
Thanks.

Yeah i think for items this size/weight your best bet is to simply use a padded envelope and buy a couple international stamps and drop it in the mailbox rather than going through a postal employee.
NightHawk,
When I ship these LED Controllers internationally, especially during this Covid-19 pandemic, I ship them with tracking, which means either shipping Priority Mail or First-Class Mail. If I didn't ship with tracking, the item could be held up in customs forever, or shipped to the wrong location, and we wouldn't know. In fact, I had one last week that was supposed to go to the UK, and it ended up lost in Thailand. Tracking was the only way I knew for sure that the customer never received it. I sent him a replacement unit.

That being said, I just checked, and it looks like the cost for First-Class to Canada has dropped recently. Please send me your postal code and I will find out exactly how much it is to ship one of these to you.

I wish I could just put a few international postage stamps on it and drop it in a mailbox, but with shipping the way it is right now, there is no guarantee that you would get it.

I will tell you this, if you buy one and aren't completely satisfied with how it changes your Night Radian, send it back and I will issue you a full refund, including the initial shipping costs.

Brian
WingnutTech.Com
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2020, 10:26 PM
Information Sponge
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwesterntech
NightHawk,
When I ship these LED Controllers internationally, especially during this Covid-19 pandemic, I ship them with tracking, which means either shipping Priority Mail or First-Class Mail. If I didn't ship with tracking, the item could be held up in customs forever, or shipped to the wrong location, and we wouldn't know. In fact, I had one last week that was supposed to go to the UK, and it ended up lost in Thailand. Tracking was the only way I knew for sure that the customer never received it. I sent him a replacement unit.

That being said, I just checked, and it looks like the cost for First-Class to Canada has dropped recently. Please send me your postal code and I will find out exactly how much it is to ship one of these to you.

I wish I could just put a few international postage stamps on it and drop it in a mailbox, but with shipping the way it is right now, there is no guarantee that you would get it.

I will tell you this, if you buy one and aren't completely satisfied with how it changes your Night Radian, send it back and I will issue you a full refund, including the initial shipping costs.

Brian
WingnutTech.Com
That's MONEY right there! You just can't beat that offer!

Brian,
While you still might be watching this thread, when using the Wingnut assigned to RKnob, are we utilizing ALL of the potential light combinations that are possible. Is that control assignment resolution capable of all options?
Aug 23, 2020, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothtime
I don't know that I am getting all of the different light patterns from my Wingnut controller. I am set up on a Dx9 transmitter with the Lower Left roller controlling the light patterns.
1) Is there a list of the different light displays?
2) Should I set the limits on the roller different than +100 to -100?
3) I don't see the vario light display or the altitude light display. Where are they in the sequence.
Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't getting notifications from this thread for some reason.

1) Sorry, I don't have an official list of all the patterns on this controller, but there are 19 of them. The first sequence is "all lights out" except for the NAV lights. The last sequence in the list is the altimeter/vario program.
2) I have had reports that certain radios do need to increase the travel limits on the cannel the LED Controller is plugged into. Keep increasing both the upper and lower limits until you get all lights out at the lowest setting, then increase it a few more clicks for good measure.
3) If you aren't seeing this sequence at the highest setting of the channel, then you probably need to increase the travel limits.

Happy Flying!
Aug 23, 2020, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzledBastard
That's MONEY right there! You just can't beat that offer!

Brian,
While you still might be watching this thread, when using the Wingnut assigned to RKnob, are we utilizing ALL of the potential light combinations that are possible. Is that control assignment resolution capable of all options?
Griz,
I'm not sure what you mean by RKnob, but there are 19 total sequences, with the lowest setting being "all lights off" except for the NAV lights, and the highest sequence being the altimeter/vario program. If you don't get all lights off at the lowest setting, you might need to increase your travel limits on that channel in your radio.

Let me know of you have more questions.
Aug 23, 2020, 10:58 PM
Information Sponge
You covered it. Thanks!

RKnob is the right knob dial switch on the Spektrum Rx. I haven't counted the number of sequences that I get but the know is great way of controlling the light. I'll check it now to see what it yields.
Aug 23, 2020, 11:15 PM
If it flies - I want one!
Thanks from here as well, Brian - gives us a good way to check and refine the setup.
All we need here, now, is for the effing virus to take a holiday so we can go out to play!
For info, I use the Right Knob on my radio to control speaker volume, so I put the WingNut device on my right slider - works fine, though I will now check to make sure I am getting all the modes of operation.
Cheers,
Pete
Aug 23, 2020, 11:21 PM
Information Sponge
Confirmed...I was getting but HALF of the light options! I increased travel on RKnob to 150/150 and perhaps I'm getting a "half setting" but I'm getting 20 options including just Nav lights. I need to rehash the vario option to see how that works. Right now I get a multi-colored morse code effect but a notch back from that is just a Nav light just like the first setting. Perhaps that's the vario?...just not functioning with lights since I'm not at altitude? Off to read up on that aspect of the wingnut.

Thanks again!
Aug 24, 2020, 12:36 AM
If it flies - I want one!
And dragged mine out of the cupboard as well to have a play - finished up with plus and minus 130% to get all working, though as GB says, can't check the vario/altitude bit in my little warm room.
Aug 24, 2020, 06:48 AM
Yes, on the ground, the altimeter/vario program looks like the "all off" program, except that the tail should be lit up white. The tail is the vario, and white indicates zero vertical speed. If you hold the plane near the ground, and then quickly raise the entire plane up, you will see the tail start turning green to indicate a positive vertical speed, and likewise, lowering it back to the ground quickly, the tail will start to change to red, indicating negative vertical speed. The wings will be dark because you are at zero feet about ground. Get it in the air, and it will start lighting up.

I'm glad you are all having fun with it. The Night Radian is a sweet plane!

Happy Flying!
Aug 24, 2020, 01:28 PM
Great Hobbies, from Canada, is WingNutTech distributor. $49.99 CDN + 13% Tax - $56.49 CDN.

With today's exchange rate, if it's over $40 USD include shipping, it cost more than buying from Canada. Plus there is always a risk of losing the product in mail or the custom decide to open and tax the product.
Aug 24, 2020, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarmok
Great Hobbies, from Canada, is WingNutTech distributor. $49.99 CDN + 13% Tax - $56.49 CDN.

With today's exchange rate, if it's over $40 USD include shipping, it cost more than buying from Canada. Plus there is always a risk of losing the product in mail or the custom decide to open and tax the product.
Yes, Great Hobbies does have a few in stock if you'd rather buy from them. Keep in mind they are an older firmware and will need to be flashed to the latest version.
Aug 24, 2020, 10:00 PM
I bought mine from Greathobbies. How do I check the firmware and what's the difference? (Whatever version I got, it's already a spectacular light show and always draw lots of attention)

And if it's old, where and how to download and install ?

Cheers
Aug 25, 2020, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarmok
I bought mine from Greathobbies. How do I check the firmware and what's the difference? (Whatever version I got, it's already a spectacular light show and always draw lots of attention)

And if it's old, where and how to download and install ?

Cheers
https://www.wingnuttech.com/led-controller-firmware
Aug 25, 2020, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the note on increasing the travel limits. I was able to count and verify all the patterns are there now.

I’d been wondering about the excess heat generated by the light system using this controller in the ESC / receiver area. The stock setup had that ubec plugged into the balance lead get warm also. It was up above the battery exposed to airflow though. The ESC in this thing is buried under all that wiring with a 2200 sitting on top of it all. With the stock lighting stuff out of the front, I was able to move most of the wiring off the ESC and tape it over to the side opposite the antenna. Since mine balances with a 2200 pulled forward some, I was able to prop it up and jam some foam on the sides of it to friction lock it in place. The ESC is visible now and should get airflow and dissipate heat better. The receiver is better exposed also. Of course it’s 95 degrees today so it’s hard not to think about heat.

Quick Reply