May 08, 2020, 02:49 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Sterling Emma C Berry

Hello, Let me begin by saying I searched the forums and didn't find the answer. Answer might be out there, I just couldn't find it....

I recently acquired an Emma C Berry that needs a rebuild/restoration. It needs a lot of work but it's not a basket case either. I can get the sails from Carr, which I'll do, but I was wondering if it's possible to get a fittings set somewhere. Or...if anyone knows what size blocks would be appropriate. The mast hoops need replacing and the dinghy and anchors are missing.

Pretty much everything from the deck up needs to be redone. I can scratch build most of it, but the fittings could be difficult.

Thanks,
Ken
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2020, 03:39 PM
Chuck
I fashioned my mast hoops from small split-rings like used on a key chain. Inserted small jewelry type rings into the split and soldered in place. Tedious, but they work well and look fine.
Jul 20, 2020, 05:27 AM
Bluejacket Ship crafters, Searsport, Maine
sells blocks and such that would work on this model.
Nov 27, 2020, 07:05 PM
Model Maniac
I been cutting new parts on my laser , wench, deck houses and such. Mainly everything from the deck up. Plus some mast parts. Have yet to make fittings.

Quick Reply