DJI Matrice 300 RTK

The Matrice 300 is finally here and this beast is ready to work.

Splash

New Flagship Workhorse from DJI

The Matrice 300 is finally here and this beast is ready to work. It sets a new standard for the commercial drone industry. The latest commercial drone from DJI boats up to 55 minute flight times, advanced AI, 15KM transmission and a whole lot more.

The all-new OcuSync Enterprise enables transmission up to 15 km away and supports triple-channel3 1080p video. Real-time auto-switching between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz4 enables more reliable flight near high-interference environments, while AES-256 encryption offers secure data transmission. The refined airframe and propulsion system design gives you a more efficient and stable flight, even in harsh conditions. It can mount up to 3 payloads simultaneously, with a maximum payload capacity of 2.7 kg. Live Mission Recording lets you record mission actions such as aircraft movement, gimbal orientation, photo shooting, and zoom level to create sample mission files for future automated inspections.

The AI sounds amazing. It allows you to automate routine inspections and capture consistent results every time. Onboard AI recognizes the subject of interest and identifies it in subsequent automated missions to ensure consistent framing. Improved waypoints allows up to 65,535 waypoints and multiple actions for one or more payloads, including 3rd party ones, at each waypoint. Flightpath planning is also optimized to maximize flexibility and efficiency for your missions.

The feature list goes on, but you can already tell the M300 is THE drone to have for large scale commercial operations. I haven't seen a price or release date yet, but it's sure cost more than a family car.

Learn more about the DJI Matrice 300 RTK Here

May 08, 2020, 11:41 AM
""but it's sure cost more than a family car""
And thats the dealbreaker, going to be wayyy overpriced, everyone will revert back to the older drones.
May 08, 2020, 01:45 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
I'm not sure about that. Some will use M200 still, but there's big money out there for these things. It's not likely to be a personal expense, but drone service and training companies will eat these things up.
May 08, 2020, 02:18 PM
Freelance Cinematographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
I'm not sure about that. Some will use M200 still, but there's big money out there for these things. It's not likely to be a personal expense, but drone service and training companies will eat these things up.
Yep. These are enterprise drones, they aren't targeted as small time owner-operator purchases. Big companies will have fleets of these, and the industrial/commercial uses for them will be wide and varied.
May 09, 2020, 03:15 AM
Ok lets keep some discussion going.

What do you guys think will be the actual flight time, realistically, i'd say 45 minutes max if they report 55 mins. Yes lots of factors at play, but my estimate would be 45 mins average.

Then Does the IP44 splash-resistant enclosure for the camera not heat things up, moreover
does the drone's enclosure itself "IP45 weather resistant" Not heat it up too much, especially taken into consideration the long flight times, hot swappable batteries,(meaning only a 20 seconds pitstop between flights) and of course how does all this sealing up work out in hot conditions ?

Only 4 rotors, they must be either super confident about no motor/esc/battery failure or
just don't care when taken into consideration the pricetag that will be assumingly very high.

And what do they mean when they say "hot swap" does the drone go into a "hibernate mode"
when taking out the flat battery and "re-awake" without needing to boot up" when adding the new battery and will any data/flight paths be perfectly resumed ? (i know this is already happening with other drones and software) but how is this a "new feature" on this drone, maybe i missed that it has a special extra feature other drones/software don't posses ?

I take it radio and video range will be sound, (thats what it sounds like) are there any improved features when/if signal loss occurs compared to previous drones in it's class ?

What is the concept behind the inverted motor setup ?
May 10, 2020, 05:12 PM
With over 20 m210 failures in the last 18 months in the UK from motors or ESC that’s a lot of trust in the new model.
May 11, 2020, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeLmedic04
With over 20 m210 failures in the last 18 months in the UK from motors or ESC thatís a lot of trust in the new model.
Saw this on the DJI site:

Quote:
Three-propeller Emergency Landing
In the unlikely case of a motor malfunction during flight, the M300 RTK can make an emergency landing with just three propellers/motors. Basic controls, such as ascending, descending, and horizontal movements, are still in place. Inevitably, the drone and the payload will be damaged during the landing, but the operator can choose to land somewhere away from people or buildings to keep them safe.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
May 12, 2020, 08:54 AM
A conventional quadcopter landing only with 3 rotors ? Now that should be interesting to see, i'd like for DJI to demonstrate this to us.

I suspect the dead arm will hang somewhat and hit the ground first. However if they claim you have full control up until landing, then why not simply do a slow soft landing, unless it comes down fast ? As they say the payload will be damaged ?
May 12, 2020, 09:08 AM
My guess would be that with a motor out it stabilises gyroscopically, by actively spinning around the yaw axis. Note there is no mention of yaw control in this mode - just horizontal & vertical. Landing softly while spinning would fit in with the expectation of damage ... obviously this would be much less severe (and safer) than an uncontrolled free fall or a 'flip of death' though.
May 12, 2020, 12:06 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
The M200 issues in the U.K. are not as simple as all craft or battery issues. There were a number of police and others using them is totally wrong circumstances. Rain ect.

While the 200 did have some SOC issues with proper training and actually checking the voltages this would be seen before take off.

Now onto the M300

40m flight time with payload
Triple Channel Ocusync with Pilot Handover and 15km range.

Machine Learning
6 way OA with TOF sensors as well.
Triple Payload capable.

This is a very interesting bird indeed but whatís as interesting is the H20T Camera. Multi sensor with thermal but the really interesting part is this appears not to be FLIR based. This means this could be an in-house or partnered sensor. Itís 640 with radio metric and would not be affected by ITAR regulations as well. This is a big deal for DJI in its self.

Now if it works as it says itís going to be interesting to see the adoption rates. However this is no consumer model and if you have to ask the price you probably canít afford it.

The posts from some who have got quotes have said you will have some change for $25k but not much.

As for the price of these 12S monsters you really donít want to know .
May 12, 2020, 04:01 PM
The M300 Prop Loss, this is close to identical to the undocumented I2 behaviour

DJI M300: EMERGENCY 3 Propeller Landing! (Test/Demo) (0 min 53 sec)
May 12, 2020, 05:30 PM
OK interesting, as I guessed then. So the Inspire 2 does this? I'd not heard that.
May 12, 2020, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
OK interesting, as I guessed then. So the Inspire 2 does this? I'd not heard that.
Unofficially yes. my understanding was there was some early code for this in there.
May 13, 2020, 10:47 AM
The specs on everything you mentioned looks interesting, but lets wait and see how it performs in real life, i am positive that it will perform well, i am just not 100% sold on the price of the machine vs motor/esc failure possibility, i would want the motors and esc's to be manufactured to a higher standard than normal, even with 1 motor failure though the stabilization feature is valuable, landing is not going to be normal.
May 13, 2020, 11:58 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Here is one video of it doing it's "thing"

Dji Inspire 2 (DRONE) CRASH! - Rally Sweden 2018 (0 min 23 sec)

Quick Reply