Discussion

Jogging while black!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/06/o...DEJ8Fieabe5uF0
May 08, 2020, 07:43 AM
Flower of Scotland
Finally:

Quote:
Father and son charged with murder of US black jogger

For more than two months, police did not charge the McMichaels, who are white, until the shooting gained widespread attention in the national media and provoked outrage.
May 08, 2020, 07:47 AM
There was something bad going on in the courts/police during those months when these killers were getting a pass.

Quote:
The district attorney’s already weighed charges against Greg and Travis McMichael and recommended giving them a pass — until the footage of the incident leaked.

Father and son would have walked free as birds if not for the existence of the video, with the full cooperation of local authorities in Georgia. (They’re still free and facing no charges as I write this.) Whether that’s because Greg McMichael is an ex-cop and former investigator and therefore chummy with the DA’s office or because he’s white and Arbery wasn’t, decide for yourself. It’s not either/or.
https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...iling-charges/
May 08, 2020, 07:51 AM
The QuadFather
Hang ‘em high.
May 08, 2020, 08:03 AM
Sink stinks
Good thing there was video of the incident. There are many crimes that go unpunished simply because there's not enough evidence to convict.
May 08, 2020, 08:12 AM
Vigilante injustice. Hang em.
May 08, 2020, 08:15 AM
Thread OP
Always remember. They didn't make arrests because they saw the tape, they made arrests because we saw the tape.
May 08, 2020, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurupt17
Always remember. They didn't make arrests because they saw the tape, they made arrests because we saw the tape.
That's it in a nutshell.
May 08, 2020, 08:32 AM
The QuadFather
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurupt17
Cant argue with that!
May 08, 2020, 08:41 AM
I'd rather be Flying
A known criminal, recognized by the older of the two men charged (who also had personal contact with the criminal in the past) on a burglary surveillance tape. Subsequently seen in a neighborhood 10 miles from his home, scoping out a house under construction. When attempting to question and make a citizen's arrest the criminal attacks the man with the shotgun and tries to take the shotgun. In the struggle three shots are fired from the shotgun, the last one apparently the only one hitting the criminal. It was a good shoot. Kinda like Trayvon Martin , looks bad for the shooter until you see the facts.
May 08, 2020, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000
Finally:

And it only took three DAs and public and media pressure to get it done.
May 08, 2020, 08:51 AM
I've been in houses under construction many times while walking or biking. Luckily no local vigilantes never approached me with a shotgun after I left.
Quote:
McMichael told cops after the shooting that there had been “several” break-ins in the neighborhood and that Arbery was the suspect caught on surveillance video, but of course he couldn’t know that for sure. And according to local media, as noted by French, there was only one burglary in the area recorded recently: That was the theft of Travis McMichael’s gun from his car on January 1, more than a month before Arbery was “identified” and shot. Another local man claimed he’d had fishing gear stolen but there’s no evidence that Arbery was involved.

So where was the “solid first hand probable cause” that supposedly justified hot pursuit under the citizen’s-arrest statute?
May 08, 2020, 09:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
I've been in houses under construction many times while walking or biking. Luckily no local vigilantes never approached me with a shotgun after I left.
While black? I did the same thing when I was looking for a subdivision to move in. And they started at almost half a million.
Last edited by kurupt17; May 08, 2020 at 09:05 AM.
May 08, 2020, 09:01 AM
I'd rather be Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
Still wouldn't have been shot if he hadn;t attacked one of the men and tried to take his weapon.

Quick Reply