May 06, 2020, 01:37 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Insta360 Go - 20gram image stabilized HD Camera

The Insta360 go has shown up in a lot of drone content since the 5 minute FPV mode was released. It is an amazing option for recording HD on this size craft that wasn't quite available until now.

Its not all perfect however, some significant issues still exist that I havent seen talked about as much, but are being reported by many in the diff groups.

If you are on the fence, make sure you learn all you need to know to make your decision, on this camera that rides the line between tool and toy.
Insta360 Go - 20gram image stabilization camera - custom mounts, Good for FPV? Has some issues (21 min 18 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2020, 10:09 AM
Isn't that the camera that overheats after about 10 minutes then goes into a on/off mode where it only records about 30 seconds at a time?
May 07, 2020, 02:11 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuiperJ
Isn't that the camera that overheats after about 10 minutes then goes into a on/off mode where it only records about 30 seconds at a time?
no it goes into 30 sec on/off mode from when you first start recording in Interval-Mode, in the original firmware. And yes it is for reasons of heat dissipation. (well it has many modes, but that was the only mode suited to flying when I got it)

I have been flying with these for mayb 5 months but this is the first I heard of a 5 minute-nonstop mode. Thanks for the heads up. I will try it soon but it sucks if it is overheating. I live in a colder region though, so perhaps less of a problem here. I would like to print that camera holder too - I found your link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4341758

It's a great little camera for small planes that get bumpy on windy days. I've been meaning to put it on my 3 inch IH3 quad for Mavic-like stabilized video, but then I find I just prefer plane flying most of the time.

this flight is just the raw footage in 15 seconds on/off mode. 15s is too short for sure

Nanogoblin chase with Insta360 Go (1 min 11 sec)
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; May 07, 2020 at 02:25 PM.
May 12, 2020, 12:51 AM
This thing is awesome on small quads now that it records for five minutes at a time:

Insta360 Go FPV Mode on a Diatone GT349 & Crossfire (1 min 13 sec)

Quick Reply