Carbon-Z Gee Bee...??? VOTE!

If you share my intense desire for a Carbon-Z Gee Bee then read on!

Splash

Let's Make the Carbon-Z Gee Bee a Real Thing!

When I first got into RC so many years ago I wanted a Gee Bee. I flew the one in Real Flight every morning practicing my landings. I went to Toledo and always had my eye peeled for a cool Gee Bee kit. The weird part is that somehow all these years later I have never owned one.

When the Carbon-Z (big) Cub came out I loved it. I did multiple mods and features about that plane. I have often wondered how many of those Cubs we sold just from all the videos and stories done on RCGroups. It was then I had the idea...

A Carbon-Z Gee Bee - CZGB

One day I started thinking about how cool it would be if Horizon made a Carbon-Z version of the Gee Bee. We know that that Horizon planes fly great and the Carbon-Z variations are always awesome. Can you imagine that huge fuselage made of foam? It would be a natural evolution in the Carbon-Z line!

I Finally Made the Suggestion

Last week I was invited to fly online with the Horizon Team. We did a RealFlight live feed. I joined flying the Gee Bee in RF and then picked the right time to suggest my idea of the Carbon-Z Gee Bee. To my surprise the concept was met with, "Go on, I'm listening." Everyone thought it was a super interesting idea. Then it was suggested that someone create a thread on RCGroups to see how much interest there would be in it. That was all it took. Here is the thread!

- VOTE Here - Our Chance to Make it Real - VOTE!

Vote yes in the poll thread and let's see how high we can get the number. If enough users chime in maybe we can all get our hands on an awesome Carbon-Z Gee Bee!!

VOTE HERE - LINK

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; May 09, 2020 at 08:31 AM..
May 06, 2020, 11:46 AM
I would love to see a Gee Bee. Especially with as3x.

Joe
May 06, 2020, 12:17 PM

100% agree

AS3X in a Gee Bee would be awesome. I would buy one.
May 06, 2020, 12:36 PM
Just tell me where to send my money. I’m in.
May 06, 2020, 12:43 PM
RCG Admin
Yes please!
May 06, 2020, 12:49 PM
Modeling Retread
A Carbon Gee Bee would result in foam confetti nationwide. I remember when the Byron's unit came out. Very exciting. You have to go and review Delmar Benjamin's discussions about his full size replica and how it has to be wheel landed, as it loses rudder authority if you try to stall land it.
May 06, 2020, 12:51 PM
A winner for sure !
May 06, 2020, 12:55 PM
With SAFE.
May 06, 2020, 01:43 PM
We have been crying for a geebee or chipmunk for years. Let's do this !
May 06, 2020, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRW3
A Carbon Gee Bee would result in foam confetti nationwide. I remember when the Byron's unit came out. Very exciting. You have to go and review Delmar Benjamin's discussions about his full size replica and how it has to be wheel landed, as it loses rudder authority if you try to stall land it.
Some say rudders are unnecessary and just adds weight.
May 06, 2020, 04:50 PM
AMA: L68621, FCC: WA2LLX

As long as they make one that doesn't nose over on EVERY landing!

Personally I wouldn't hold your breath, I realy don't see this happening. Like GRW3 says red/white confetti all over the place! There would be lot's of wrinkled ones in the classifieds in no time.

I would like to see a CZ Beech Staggerwing but it too sufferers from landing issues.

John
Last edited by nadt770; May 06, 2020 at 05:00 PM.
May 06, 2020, 08:54 PM
This would be cool, but would REALLY like to see a large Carbon Z PC-21
May 06, 2020, 10:47 PM
Love it. 6S - Id buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaboy92hatch
I would love to see a Gee Bee. Especially with as3x.

Joe
May 06, 2020, 11:21 PM
DFS#000178
Nah. We need a Carbon Z twin. I'd much, much prefer a carbon Z Beech 18.
May 07, 2020, 07:18 AM
yes, please HH

Quick Reply