New Connex Nano and Outdoor Wireless Camera Systems

Connex has a couple of new products on the market with the Nano and Outdoor Wireless Camera Systems.

Splash

New Systems from Connex

Connex has a couple of new products on the market with the Nano and Outdoor Wireless Camera Systems. These two products feature advanced digital, zero-delay, video solutions for industrial applications, including cranes, UGV and UAVs (as FPV drone vision). You can choose between a turn-key solution designed for optimal performance in tough environments or a customizable system integration kit. Both transmit HD video up to 1,000 ft. line of sight with zero-latency and 14 operating channels for performance in busy RF environments.

The Nano gives you complete control over the camera and transmitter placement. It includes the Nano HDR Camera, Nano Transmitter, and Nano Ground Unit Receiver. The camera has a 720p30 sensor with HDR, suitable for daylight and nighttime flight. Send your video wirelessly to any standard HD monitor.

The Outdoor is a turn-key solution that is ready for deployment right out of the box. The transmitter features a built-in camera, so you can mount almost anywhere with magnetic 1/4 20" and 3/8" mounting options. The weather-proof design stands up to whatever your environment throws at you.

Learn more about these new products at Connex

May 06, 2020, 11:22 AM
UAV Flight Operations Manager
Hm. Not sure who they're marketing this to. Let's do a really really quick comparison:

DJI FPV: Comes with goggles. Comes with TWO air units. 4 MILES of range.
Total price? $819.00

Connex Nano: No goggles or screen. Only one air unit. 1000 feet of range.
Total price? $1000.00

Now why would any sane person buy this Connex? (Fatshark system not mentioned because too many unknowns regarding pricing and range)
May 06, 2020, 01:41 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
its for racers that can benefit from zero latency HD.
that said eventually some of the indy tech makes its way into cars for sane people.
May 06, 2020, 03:09 PM
Old Prosight at a new higher price
May 10, 2020, 03:20 PM
I was so happy when I finally sold my Prosight with a loss of $300! Connex did not provide any useful support - the support played you around in circles so you would give up. They have not maintained their products with useful software updates. The only one was bringing support to a crappy camera and a big ProSight logo on the OSD. Never ever I will touch their products again...
May 14, 2020, 11:19 AM
commit an act of aviation
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthyy
Hm. Not sure who they're marketing this to. Let's do a really really quick comparison:

DJI FPV: Comes with goggles. Comes with TWO air units. 4 MILES of range.
Total price? $819.00

Connex Nano: No goggles or screen. Only one air unit. 1000 feet of range.
Total price? $1000.00

Now why would any sane person buy this Connex? (Fatshark system not mentioned because too many unknowns regarding pricing and range)
I'm not making a purchase right now, but some might consider this a political question too. DJI represents Chinese backed drone development, with all of the associated * stuff about DJI... I won't buy anything from them, but I did meet Frank Wang at IRCHA in the early days before he made it big! Connex represents a completely different platform that was developed within Israel and that tech is tightly controlled by them. I believe (no evidence) this is really only the tip of the iceberg, these two products really only represent the commercial divisions.... 1000 foot hard cutoff and it has range estimates based on TOF calculations? that is crazy tech... that doesn't happen naturally, they limit how much range they let you have. Why do YOU think DJI enables you to fly so far when it is clearly illegal ???
May 14, 2020, 12:05 PM
commit an act of aviation
Quote:
Miss old times buddy, wish we could go flying to discuss!

here is a video of the last time we got to go flying together!

FPV flying at the Blowsion Surf Slam 2011- long edit including ground footage (7 min 28 sec)
May 15, 2020, 10:30 PM
Zero latency sounds impossible under the current laws of physics. Maybe they've cracked quantum entanglement though.
Jun 24, 2020, 07:43 AM
Don L.
Quote:

I assume you are talking strictly FPV, but there are two pretty good reasons for non-FPV flyers to consider Connex:

The Department of the Interior has banned the flying of drones with Chinese flight controllers, video transmitters, or other electronics over areas controlled by DOI.

The proposed legislation to ban all US government agencies from purchasing or flying drones with flight controllers or other electronics manufactured in China.

-Don
Jun 28, 2020, 11:52 PM
I also have some Prosight
Can I use Nano FPV Camera with ProSight transmitter?

Quick Reply