This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 05, 2020, 06:15 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Z51 Predator Maiden

Z51 Predator maiden (7 min 49 sec)

At last ! , I was able to go out and play with the Z51 Predator .

1) I put foam under the back of the fixed elevator so I could manually play with the elevator .
2) It can fly
3) After some screwdrivering , I got the elevator close to being sweet .

After some elevator adjustment , I was quite surprised at how relatively easy the Z51 was to fly . I chose the Z51 because it looked like it can fly , as well the possibility of future upgrades to real RC . ( ) A brushed motor , or maybe a small brushless motor and two or three servos to make the Z51 more than the thrust control can offer . ( I am thinking of my micro F16 ) .

Would I recommend the Z51 . For folks that know how to RC , solve issues = Sure !
For Noobs ? If there is a problem (?) , might be tricky to make the Z51 rewarding . It is a very simplistic / simple model , but so are Free Flight models and how easy are they to tune ? Thankfully if there is a flight issue , it should be something relatively simple . This one turned right much better than it turned left . Well , foam does tend to warp when packaged so so . And this foam is no exception . When I got it it had a hard right turn built into it . Only after some time with a hair dryer did it start to look like it would fly straight , ( Flies straight enough )

It's a cheap nasty bit of kit that works . , what more could you ask for ? ( Maybe a lot - but for more $$ )
Would I recommend it ? Do I need to ?
It wont do anything fancy , it might take up to half a football field to do a turn , it might land like a brick , but it is cheap , it is fun , and it might scratch that itch for not a lot of USD .
Last edited by old4570; May 05, 2020 at 08:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply