Apr 14, 2005, 10:35 PM
"Superior Air Power"

AP Plane Evolution.

Here is a link to my latest project.
http://www.cl-i-max.com/super-traveller.shtml

It's a new plane by David Fordham called the Traveller. Actually he scratched built the plane some years ago. Now it's being set up as a lazer cut kit.

Since I received a Beta version that was supposed to be for 3 ch, I built up the bones then set it aside when David told me he was working on an aileron wing.

I received the new wing kit and the little wheels started to turn in my head. "Hey!" I thought "I could make this into an AP ship". Since I crashed my old work horse some time ago and gave away the remains. I used both wings to come up with this large wing. I call it the Super Traveller.

I think AUW will be around 16oz. Motor is an Astro 14T with their 3.3:1 GB turning a 10x7 APC prop running on a 10 cell 650 ma NiMh pack. This is what I used on the first AP ship and the Vamoose pattern ship (the Vamoose is another of David's designs). Both the previous planes weighed 22oz and flew great so there shouldn't be any problem with the new AP ship weighing 16oz. Tho it should be a floater.

And while your there take a look around David's site. You might see somehting you like. Yeah, it's a plug!

David has some pretty cool planes, I have built four of them and three were betas but before you go bugging him about being a beta builder let me just add that I paied for every plane I built.

John
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2005, 09:56 AM
Looks good, Site has some interesting models..............don't you just love those CNC kits!!!

Nice, thanks.

Ian
Apr 17, 2005, 12:03 PM
"Superior Air Power"
Hi Ian,
Thanks for the comments.

I have built both CNC machine cut and lazer cut kits and yes, they are most wonderful to build. As well, David is a master at the "tab and notch" construction technique. You can assemble most of the wing and fuse without
any glue, then square everything up on the bench, then apply a drop of thin CA at the joints. Makes for fast build and strong.

John
Apr 17, 2005, 01:37 PM
John, I am just finishing a MM Miniflash, and my 1st MM was a Switchback..........once you have had the joy of building those type of models, all others seem like hard work.

Be interesting to see how your Traveller turns out for AP.
Keep us informed.

Ian
Apr 28, 2005, 12:26 AM
Hey John, any updates available?...
Waiting to see some Pic's with this bird.

D
Apr 28, 2005, 08:16 PM
"Superior Air Power"
Sorry Dave,
No updates yet..... just lots of OT at work!

John