Apr 14, 2005, 03:52 PM
Thread OP

What Miniature Video Cam for a Pico TM ???

I am still having a blast flying my old TM! She is over three years old and now is powered with a LensRC 17 turn BL motor. She flies well with a two cell Poly pack, but with the 3-cell pack, she is very strong.

That makes me wonder which of the little video cameras could be used to fly on the TM and then what receiver is needed to view the pics?

Creak. Twist. Creak! twink sprong

Any experience along these lines? I really don't want to invent this all over, maybe just do what is already working.

Thanks,

Roger
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2005, 04:43 PM
De-Brushed user
Hi Roger. I remember a video somebody made a few years ago of a Pico TM with a BlackWidowAV camera on a servo in the cockpit so it could look side to side, it was very cool. Try blackwidowav.com , their lightest setup should work nicely but it will cost you a bit. I would stay away from the 'ebay special' video cameras, I have a few and they are very disappointing compared to a good quality setup.
Apr 14, 2005, 04:59 PM
Thread OP

Looking Side to Side

CAFplanekid,

I remember the same posting. It is the videos like that make me think that a TM with a more powerful motor could fly a simple and small unit.

I just came off the BW site. I will need something much less expensive. I suppose I am thinking "tinker" instead of serious work.

Thanks for the reply. That is why I am not getting the first $35 transmitter and camera.

Thanks,

Roger
Apr 14, 2005, 05:04 PM
De-Brushed user
tinywireless.com is quite a bit cheaper but still better than the ebay stuff I think.
Apr 14, 2005, 05:25 PM
Thread OP

Video for TM

CAFplanekid,

Thanks for the tip. I will check that out. Any particular thing I should look for or avoid? I think the need for a receiver bothers me. They are not transmitting on a regular channel, I think.?

Roger
Apr 14, 2005, 06:03 PM
De-Brushed user
I dont really know much about this stuff, i just know that the BW AV DigiLive i got for Christmas works great so i recommend their stuff, and the ebay units I have are pretty much junk.
Apr 14, 2005, 06:11 PM
Thread OP

What Miniature Video Cam for a Pico TM ???

CAFplanekid,

Thanks, This will give me some things to look at, read and then decide if I want to try this or not. At any rate, it becomes information for the future.

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions,

Roger
Apr 14, 2005, 07:40 PM
Frequent User
Hi Roger,

There is a video shot from the small TM about halfway down on this page:

http://blackwidowav.tripod.com/

To save weight I shared the main battery (2 cell lipo) after running it through a 5v vreg.

I remember seeing another video from a cheaper setup... the cmos camera left something to be desired, but the signal quality was pretty darn good. I wish I could find it... it looked like a good first system.

Bill

Quick Reply