Nov 08, 2017, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroCapredoni
Think seriously in tmotor F80. Esc 45A tmotor. I use 2200mah 4s hiperion battery.. 6x5 prop. 600 watts full power. Awesome motor very light and powerful. I use this setup in a 800gram fun jet and its unlimited vertical.
Thanks going to wait on some other replies and see what there thoughts are you have to realize i will be almost double your weight
I will be close to 3 pounds maybe 3.5 pounds with out ESC battery and motor and receiver so instead of 800 grams i am in the ball park of 1600 grams that is before a battery is put in
Last edited by Nightswatch; Nov 08, 2017 at 05:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 04:44 PM
Another update waiting on ESC and reciever then i can close it all up so just working on aft top fuse detail etc as well as getting ready to sand strakes she is looking Dam good
Nov 13, 2017, 01:44 AM
Hey everyone so put her on scales 25 oz empty . She is starting to look outstanding still waiting for electronics to arrive . so will keep detailing her and getting it ready to glue together couple updated pictures
Nov 18, 2017, 10:10 AM

My f-18...

Hello everyone, just like practically all of you here in this thread, I am planning to make a scratchbuild plane as a school project. I am planning to make an rc F/A-18E based on Steve's design. But unlike some of you, the modifications that I am making to turn this into a Super Hornet is much simpler than some of you have done in this thread. As of now, I'm currently building the plane.

For the strakes, I outlined it from an outline of the Rhino, and I made some adjustments in Photoshop to make sure it fits, and in the end, It turned out really well. For the Dogtooth shape on the wings, I am planning to cut it from the original wing and again I used an outline of a super hornet to make it, and in the end it turned out really nice as it gave the wing that super hornet dogtooth look. For the horizontal stabilizer, I used the same process, I took an outline and made it as similar as possible. For the other bits such as the intakes, and the center hardpoint, I havent had the time to turn in into a digital form yet...

In case you're asking this plane will be painted and it will be based on the Advanced Super Hornet concept Boeing made I believe in 2013

Below are attached pictures of the plans of what the plane will look like with the strakes and dogtooth wing (not with the modified Hor. Stabilizer), I also included what the plane would look like once painted, more pictures to come...
Nov 18, 2017, 11:28 PM
Couple of photo leaks from skunkworks haha Anyways getting things buttoned up receiver showed up on Friday presently placing servo's and linkages as well working on canopy plug and turtle deck. Cleaned up cowls starting to look pretty sick

Quick Reply