This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 28, 2020, 09:23 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Pica Sim ( The free RC flight sim )

Pica Sim ( RC flight sim thats free ) (6 min 41 sec)

http://www.rowlhouse.co.uk/PicaSim/download.html > Download Link

https://sourceforge.net/projects/smartpropoplus/ USB Emulator for NON USB transmitters like the Flysky 9x

First impressions ! = PITA !

But after some perseverance I understood what was needed and I was able to enjoy the sim .
Lots and lots of models to chose from

Getting Started !

1) If you have a USB transmitter , all you need to do is download PicaSim . ( Jumper T12 for me )
2) If you have a older transmitter like a Flysky 9x that uses a Audio cable to connect to , then you will want a USB emulator ( Smartpropoplus )

USB Transmitter

1) Download and install PicaSim ,
2) Plug in your Tx to PC and calibrate it
3) Now you will need to go to the Joystick tab in PicaSim and map your gimbals to PicaSim ( see video ) and save the Tx
4) Once you have maped and saved the Tx you will be able to fly / use the Sim .

Older Tx like the 9x

1) Download the USB emulator
2) Install the emulator
3) Start the emulator and plug in your Tx into the microphone plug
4) SPP should pic up the transmitter right away ( There are options to play with if it does not ) My 9x was in PPM mode .
5) Calibrate the Tx in windows
6) Then you will need to map the tx functions to PicaSim

Dont forget not to turn off the emulator , minimise it or just leave it be . It needs to run to emulate a USB connection . So start the emulator and verify your Tx function and then start PicaSim and have fun .
PicaSim is free , the USB emulator is free , watching the video is free .
If you are bored out of your gord , then PicaSim is a hell of a distraction . I have not slope soared in decades and this sim has me slope soaring again for the first time in over 20 years . Lots of gliders to chose from , even 1 meter and 1.5 meter DLG gliders .

I soared with the buzzards with the 1 meter DLG getting over 100 meters . And I have to say , for a free sim . The models do fly close to the real thing and in other ways NOT . This is 2D after all and on a computer screen .
But it's free , and a total buzz !

For what it is , a 8 out of 10 from me .

Last edited by old4570; Apr 29, 2020 at 12:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply