Apr 28, 2020, 09:56 AM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Fly-In

NEAT 2020 Sept 17-20 Downsville NY

Hey Gang

I hope this finds all of you healthy and free from CV-19.

I have decided to open NEAT fair pilot pre-registration as normal on Friday May 15th. I will also be sending out preliminary invoices to those wishing to rent tents and such soon as I have this year's price quotes from the rental company. 50% deposits will be required by July 1st.

We have always refunded fees to pilots that could not make it if they asked. That will not change this year. If the show is cancelled outright, we would rather that you accept credit for 2021 instead of a refund.

As we move thru the summer, we may have to adjust but let's plan for a "normal" show.

Please, share your comments below.

Thanks
Tom Hunt
2020 NEAT Fair Event Director
www.neatfair.org
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2020, 10:24 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
I'll just open with a woot!
Apr 28, 2020, 10:33 AM
No problemo...
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we're able to make this happen this year. I think it's fair to say that the way this summer is shaping up that we'll really need NEAT this year. I'm a big boy and realize that things might change, but right now I'm building and planning for the show!!!

Rob
Apr 29, 2020, 12:58 AM
AMA 1242
Great we are looking forward to it !!!!!!
Apr 30, 2020, 08:32 PM

theme night at neat

In the spirit of qurantine past, maybe one day should be a Gorilla fun fly, complete with masks et all, in the spirit of covert cvid covfefe gatherings not held
May 01, 2020, 09:44 AM
Looking forward to my usual low pilot #
May 01, 2020, 10:12 AM
No problemo...
Registration opens in two weeks!!!

Rob
May 01, 2020, 04:11 PM
Fingers crossed everything goes off without a hitch!
May 08, 2020, 05:09 PM
No problemo...
One week and counting!

BTW Tom, have you spoken to Arnie? I wonder how he's doing with all of this. We haven't sent in our camping deposit yet simply because things are so fluid but currently I'm planning to do so the first week of June. I still have to contact the Rental Center in Monticello to see if they're open (hard to tell from their website - seems like they might be).

Rob
May 08, 2020, 06:45 PM
AMA 1242
Hope all goes ok !!!!
May 09, 2020, 06:39 AM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
BTW Tom, have you spoken to Arnie? I wonder how he's doing with all of this.
Rob
I did not, but Freddy did. Board of health will not allow camping just yet, he is hoping for June 1st restrictions to be lifted. Only seasonals, RV's and his accommodations with their own bathrooms are allowed to stay on the property.
May 09, 2020, 11:23 AM
volare est vivere
hi there from Toledo!

I must say that I am a bit concerned about being anywhere near lower eastern New York with the high incidents of corona virus thereabouts. Am I overreacting or just paranoic since I am in the high risk group.

Please share your insights/incites.

Ciao, RJF.
May 09, 2020, 12:13 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
here is an incite Ray!

Just stay liquored up.... bug would not dare go anywhere near you!

but seriously, by September, if life does not get back to normal, I doubt it ever will... if CV-19 does not come back... they will just let loose another strain!
May 10, 2020, 05:24 AM
AMA 1242

oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
here is an incite Ray!

Just stay liquored up.... bug would not dare go anywhere near you!

but seriously, by September, if life does not get back to normal, I doubt it ever will... if CV-19 does not come back... they will just let loose another strain!
I am more and more thinking it was inhanced in that lab and [RELEASED] or just got out
May 13, 2020, 04:50 PM
No problemo...
Where ever it came from we'll never know, although all the available info points to natural sources. Anywho...

Ray, you need to do what makes you the most comfortable. I've already spoken with Mark N. and Darryl from our little group and they won't be coming this year. They'll be back in 2021 - they have pre-existing conditions and also don't want to possibly bring something home to their spouses. They're counting on a vaccine being available next year to mitigate any risks.

We'll be taking appropriate measures in the Big Top this year. We want to have fun, and have fun with everyone there. We might just need to give everyone a little extra space this year, and keep PPE available for everyone. There will likely be no sharing tasty drinks around the camp fire this year, but I hear we can use little 1oz plastic cups to dispense drinks if we want

As for me, I just got over the virus this week (yes, tested positive and all that) so I'm hoping that any antibodies I generated will be in good shape come September. That's the least I could ask for after all the fun of being sick for two weeks straight. But everyone now is feeling better (it went through the family like nothing else I've seen) so I'm looking forward to some nice weather and getting outside (and still keeping some physical distancing with everyone out there).

Rob

Quick Reply