This thread is privately moderated by jgmtens, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 05, 2005, 01:57 PM
but it's a nice obsession
Thread OP
An alternative to waterslide is clear or white full sheet label paper (self-sticking) for inkjet or laser printers available in office supply stores. Some people print out on photo paper and then glue on.

Here is another source for label paper.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/ol175.htm

After you stick them on your model, it is wise to cover them up with clear packing tape to keep the water out and make them hold up better as well.

Jon
Last edited by jgmtens; Oct 11, 2008 at 10:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2005, 02:34 PM
Manzano Laser Works
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmtens
After you stick them on your model, it is wise to cover them up with clear packing tape to keep the water out and make them hold up better as well. Jon
Or spray a few coats of Krylon Crystal Clear over them.

-tom
May 05, 2005, 03:30 PM
Hi folks,

have a look at http://www.rc-network.de/magazin/art...4-0040-01.html
if you are not familiar with German, just scroll down and choose the desired country, I think it is self explaining.

If desired, there is a source to get your choice of decals made by a professional too...

Have fun, Josef
May 14, 2005, 01:37 AM
Thread OP

8th Air Force and 94th squadron

Here is where you can find current U.S. unit insignia from Major Command down to Squadron from the Air Force Historical Research Agency:

http://www.afhra.af.mil/art/
Last edited by jgmtens; Oct 12, 2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: uploaded better images
May 14, 2005, 04:39 AM
Guga,

Please remember that minors can read these forums. The content of your posted links is inappropriate for children. Please bear this in mind in future postings.

Mike
May 26, 2005, 07:23 PM
know it all
anyone have close up pictures of the artwork for the valhalla p51? Please!

Herm
May 26, 2005, 07:45 PM
Morning Light Mountain

Killmarks

Here are some I came up with that work well.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
May 27, 2005, 10:14 AM
...and some more...

It seems most of my good stuff is too big to upload...
May 27, 2005, 09:01 PM
Thread OP
Here is the U.S. 1st Pursuit Group insignia from WWI and there are more emblems and history at this site:

http://www.au.af.mil/au/afhra/wwwroot/rso/heritage.html
Last edited by jgmtens; May 28, 2005 at 08:36 AM.
May 28, 2005, 08:35 AM
Finnish WWII marking
May 28, 2005, 01:59 PM
Field Marshal
Just as info for the un-enlighted, the svastika was the "goodluck charm" and part of the family weapon of the Svedish Count von Rosen, who donated the first aeroplane to the Finnish airforce 06.03.1918. To honour the Count, the Finnish airforce used the now, in some groups a popular forehead tattoo, 'till a disoriented Austrian corporal decided to use it for his own purpouses...

Micke
May 31, 2005, 09:33 AM
It Wasn't Me!!!!
Here are a couple of radial engines I got from somewhere on the net.
C-YA RL
Jun 01, 2005, 08:17 AM
Okay -- here are some more, resized and saved as jpg. I'm not happy with how the computer messes with my jpg files, so if anyone wants me to e-mail the original file to them, just PM me.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to get the PDF files done. The PDF files you are missing are:
tiger-shark.pdf
tigerdash.pdf
japan-kill.pdf
german-kill.pdf
b17art.pdf

Quick Reply