This thread is privately moderated by jgmtens, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 09, 2007, 06:12 AM
Tally Ho!
check this site for a skin of the J.Landers P38

http://www.sandbaggereaw.com/LFaircraft.html

KM
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2007, 12:55 PM

P-40 "LONGHORN" & "STARDUST"

Hi dtlau

Here are the digital photos for the Longhorn and Stardust. If interested there are many other nose art drawings which can be found on the book from HISTOIRE & COLLECTIONS on the P-40. There are 2 versions of this book...in French and English. The English ISBN number is 2-913903-47-9
Its worth pointing out that in the said book there are the color schemes (including color numbers) of the Texas Longhorn version of the plane.

Maybe somebody from here can make them vectorised

Enjoy

Reuben
May 10, 2007, 02:12 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
I think your right F-86 someone should

JPG and PDF format .. both are way oversized so you can reduce them or have a print shop reduce them .. I have alot of other things on the books right now, i will try to get to the others as i can ..

RCGroups is resizing the JPG So i am going to zip it and add
Last edited by Vyceroy; May 10, 2007 at 08:05 PM.
May 11, 2007, 10:01 PM
Bf 109 decal sheet
May 12, 2007, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F86_sabre
Maybe somebody from here can make them vectorised
It looked like fun. I thought I'd give it a shot
Last edited by Cubber; May 12, 2007 at 07:10 AM.
May 14, 2007, 03:41 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
mgdon .. Heres one profile i have of Gregs P-40 .. i will see what else i can find .. but i have not seen one with the 1st pursuit on the snake ..
May 15, 2007, 12:12 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
Here ya go Don .. didnt take to long .. Im posting the whole thing again ..

PDF and JPG
May 16, 2007, 07:37 AM

No decal material needed

Being an ole time photographer, did you know that you can take an ink jet color print & seperate the image from the paper backing. Take a good old trusty #11 Xacto or razor blade, carefully start on one corner & start the seperation. Get enough started so you can get it wrapped around a small dowell, start rolling. The backing will seperate leaving a very thin color image. I found a UHU brand glue stick at the local craft shop, works great. Hope someone can let me know if the decal set sold at WalMart by Testors is any good. Keep hearing it will mess up you inkjet printer.
May 16, 2007, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirpm
Hope someone can let me know if the decal set sold at WalMart by Testors is any good. Keep hearing it will mess up you inkjet printer.
I used it one time, and did not have any problems. The BelDecal brand (www.beldecal.com) is a much higher quality product than the Testors brand.

Also, the Testors brand is only "half-sheets" (8.5" x 5.5") -- you can buy the BelDecal brand in "letter" (8.5" x 11") or "legal" (8.5" x 14") sizes.
May 25, 2007, 07:21 AM
Ron -- just download a shareware program called "CutePDF". It shows up in your printer list, and redirects your printout to a PDF file.
May 27, 2007, 10:58 AM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
JetEject Heres some reworked graphics .. Jpg format and Vectored PDF ..

You will need to resize them for print out ..If you have an Exact size just let me know and i will redo them ..

RCgroups resized the JPG again so im zipping it up
May 30, 2007, 03:27 AM
Living the dream
I have dipped into the honey pot here a few times, so thought I should "put something back". Recently completed a Su-27 kitted out in Ukrainian Air Force demonstration colours and made up some decals to finish it off. Some pics of the model and the decals below, some more pics are in a blog entry here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692716

KiwiKid
Jun 25, 2007, 01:28 PM
It's a trap!
Here's the best one I could find.
Jul 02, 2007, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnpaulie1
Can someone please help me find the "Q" on the vertical stabilizer of a P-51? "Suzy" would be a nice one as well. My AK P-51 didn't have the correct decals.
Thank you.
I have one that I can probably send you -- it was from the Alfa P-51 "Marie" decal sheet... I photocopied it, just in case I ever needed it later...

I will try to post it tomorrow -- if I don't, send me a PM, to remind me.

In the meantime, here's the Thunderbirds logo... I'm currently working on a Flying Styro F-16, and trying to decide on a paint scheme...

Quick Reply