Nov 30, 2020, 01:34 PM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
Maybe you can post a picture of your Bee, so we can try to help...
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2020, 02:19 PM

Enjoy of flight

(3 min 4 sec)
Last edited by startrek; Dec 01, 2020 at 02:31 PM.
Dec 01, 2020, 04:16 PM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
I love it!
Dec 08, 2020, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
I love it!
My compliments. You have created a beautiful project.
Jan 23, 2021, 01:14 PM

Jupiter Bee for PhoenixRC

Hi pilots,

After a short maiden flight and crash of my Jupiter Bee, it was time for training on simulator...

So I modeled your plane for Phoenix, Thomas, with 4 schemes versions:
- your #4
- #5 from Philippe (FIFI1969)
- #6 and 7 from your friends

All details on https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post46384165

Enjoy and happy flying!
Denis
Jan 24, 2021, 05:05 AM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
Merci Denis! That´s great!
Jan 24, 2021, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
Merci Denis! That´s great!
Thanks for this design, Thomas!
Denis
Feb 23, 2021, 09:14 PM
Mach Speed Lawn Darter

Seitenzug: 1-2 Grad

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for sharing another beautiful plane. I just finished sanding up my wing and I was getting started on the fuselage. Is the sidecut for the firewall so that the motor points 1-2 degrees left or to the right? My apologies if this is a silly question as I am still learning. There's no top down detail in the plans so I just wanted to make sure I make the angle the correct way. I recently finished building your Trottel and I could see from the plans that angle was to the left. Is it the same for the Jupiter Bee?

Thanks Again,
Mike
Feb 23, 2021, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machMike
Hi Thomas,
Thank you for sharing another beautiful plane. I just finished sanding up my wing and I was getting started on the fuselage. Is the sidecut for the firewall so that the motor points 1-2 degrees left or to the right? My apologies if this is a silly question as I am still learning. There's no top down detail in the plans so I just wanted to make sure I make the angle the correct way. I recently finished building your Trottel and I could see from the plans that angle was to the left. Is it the same for the Jupiter Bee?

Thanks Again,
Mike
As far as I can tell, the Trottel plan shows right thrust: https://www.flugmodell-magazin.de/fi...an_trottel.pdf

Right thrust (prop shaft pointing slightly to the right) is the usual thing.
Feb 24, 2021, 04:12 AM
looking up, down under
as above

right thrust (when viewed from above) and downthrust are standard adjustments to the thrust line in a "normal" configuration - that is, tractor airscrew which turns anti-clockwise when viewed from the front

this is to help counteract the rotational torque of the propeller, and the effects of propwash on the flying surfaces, which is not a straight flow, but a helix behind the prop

if you have left thrust, options are to add some washers behind the motor to point it to the right, or even easier, to reverse motor direction (swap 2 of the wires from the esc to the motor is all that's required) and use a clockwise prop (aka "pusher" prop - because that was the way to get infernal combustion to maintain their required rotation in pusher configuration without modifying them to run clockwise - which is also harder to flip over for right handers)

this will alter which direction the model is most twitchy in turns, but unless you are already an advanced flyer or have the setup really tweaked, you might never even notice
Last edited by scruffy1; Feb 24, 2021 at 05:40 PM.
Feb 24, 2021, 03:46 PM
Mach Speed Lawn Darter
I'm glad I asked!

I was able to shim it with two small washers so now it measures 1 degree to the right. I see now how the prop shaft in the plans is running slightly to the right of the center line. I knew from previous planes the thrust angle is normally down and to the right - silly mistake that I missed during my build.

Thank You, perttime and Scruffy.
Mar 18, 2021, 12:40 AM
Cloud nine
Thomas,
I love Your unique designs and skills so much that I had to to construct My take on this exquisite creation of Yours. Graphics leave a lot to be desired but I was struggling to keep the weight under 250 grams. motor is Turnigy Sk3-2822/1275 kv, 7x5 prop, 10amp esc, 500 MAH 3 cell lipo, 2x 5gram and 1x9 gram servos. I have a double hatch on the top of the fuse to access electronics. A,U.W. is 248 grams. Thank You again for sharing talent with the world at large.
Mar 18, 2021, 07:10 AM
treefinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek
Very smooth flying! Love it when one can make their plane "groove" like that
Mar 18, 2021, 02:06 PM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
You are very welcome , John! It´s a great joy to me to see Bees in Australia.
Apr 04, 2021, 03:26 PM
Has anyone tried it with balsa? What would the profile look like?

Quick Reply