This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 23, 2020, 09:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

XK x450 VS JJRC M02 ( Part 1 )

XK x450 & JJRC M02 hover (2 min 36 sec)

Video is the short version .

Comparing the XK x450 against the JJRC M02 in hover mode

I did own a XK x450 several months ago , and I killed it . ( Water shorted out the main board after a forced landing as well other damage ) .
So the hover was to confirm what I remembered about the x450 .
I hovered the JJRC M02 a lot longer to get a feel for it ( Not shown in this much shorter video )

As remembered , the x450 has a very fast response time , no lag . And the response of the x450 to control input is very mechanical . When you want the x450 to do something , it happens almost instantly . Think in terms of a decent quadcopter . For some people , this fast response might be a little over whelming and unfortunately thats at 80% rates . It would have been really nice if it was possible to bump the rates further down ( which you cant ) .

JJRC M02 , is a much softer feeling model in hover . Almost mushy or lag'y in the way the model responds to the transmitter . For a beginner or someone looking for a model thats not overly fast in response time ? It was pretty much chalk and cheese comparing the JJRC to the XK . One was fast and snappy while the other was slower and more gentle .

In the hover test , the x450 takes it for responsiveness and performance . How ever , taking into consideration that maybe not everyone wants performance and that something a little slower and more gentle might be what they are after . We have two planes that do the same thing but feel completely different doing it . Slow and easy or fast and sharp ? You takes your pick .

Both the x450 and M02 were tested at default settings ( 80% rates ) . I dont know that I would want the x450 @ 100% rates , but certainly the JJRC M02 has the option of bumping up the rates for hopefully a 20% improvement in response . ( I could live with that )
Though the JJRC already looks to fall out of the sky in stability mode , so do you really want tighter tip stalling turns ??????

Anyways , I will have to wait for the Marshal Law ( eeer ) Covid-19 lock down to end so I can transport both models ( by car ) some where for a direct comparison under the same flying conditions .
Last edited by old4570; Apr 23, 2020 at 10:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2020, 10:41 AM

Same but not the same

Cool vid, nice UI review. Thanks for it. I started researching these two models and decided to buy a JJRC M02. - I am a beginner and as you said, the softer feel probably is better for me. I feel I might have acted too soon, after I learnt one crucial piece of new information after deciding/buying. As far as specs and build, they seem to be almost identical, such as wing span, design, etc with the exception that the X450 weighs 100g less - rookie mistake, not to think/look at that. Yet they both report the same average flight times. They both have the same fundamental flaw of plastic servo gears instead of metal servo gears, so I already plan on ordering metal servos and installing myself.

I want to do some numerous other upgrades, such as installing the fpv camera for which I've already ordered the camera & connecting parts, replacing the battery pack with one matching in specs except larger in capacity (mAh) and lighter or relatively same weight, and possibly other slight adjustments. Of course I'm aware that every gram of weight added counts on an RC plane build - and in particular, increasing battery size can be a challenge as batteries are heavy, the heaviest component onboard. That has me concerned that I should have gone for the lighter X450. What do you think?

Also, on the same craft,
with a foxeer falkor 2 mini FPV camera + parts, can I view my FPV feed from my transmitter LED display? or do I need pair of goggles/ display.
Last edited by Voxelius; Aug 26, 2020 at 05:11 PM.
Aug 26, 2020, 08:30 PM
Thread OP
JJRC - 301 grams
XK450 - 274 grams

Thats with factory batteries . So with the XK , it should tolerate more battery .

FPV , I think you will need a screen or goggles .
Transmitter screen wont do that .
Mar 30, 2021, 09:29 PM
Hello,

Are the radio, receiver, and esc interchangeable between the M02 and X450? Thanks!
Mar 31, 2021, 04:38 AM
Thread OP
No ... Unless you swap everything .

So you might be able to swap bodies , but the guts don't LEGO

Quick Reply