This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 23, 2020, 09:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

XK x450 VS JJRC M02 ( Part 1 )

XK x450 & JJRC M02 hover (2 min 36 sec)

Video is the short version .

Comparing the XK x450 against the JJRC M02 in hover mode

I did own a XK x450 several months ago , and I killed it . ( Water shorted out the main board after a forced landing as well other damage ) .
So the hover was to confirm what I remembered about the x450 .
I hovered the JJRC M02 a lot longer to get a feel for it ( Not shown in this much shorter video )

As remembered , the x450 has a very fast response time , no lag . And the response of the x450 to control input is very mechanical . When you want the x450 to do something , it happens almost instantly . Think in terms of a decent quadcopter . For some people , this fast response might be a little over whelming and unfortunately thats at 80% rates . It would have been really nice if it was possible to bump the rates further down ( which you cant ) .

JJRC M02 , is a much softer feeling model in hover . Almost mushy or lag'y in the way the model responds to the transmitter . For a beginner or someone looking for a model thats not overly fast in response time ? It was pretty much chalk and cheese comparing the JJRC to the XK . One was fast and snappy while the other was slower and more gentle .

In the hover test , the x450 takes it for responsiveness and performance . How ever , taking into consideration that maybe not everyone wants performance and that something a little slower and more gentle might be what they are after . We have two planes that do the same thing but feel completely different doing it . Slow and easy or fast and sharp ? You takes your pick .

Both the x450 and M02 were tested at default settings ( 80% rates ) . I dont know that I would want the x450 @ 100% rates , but certainly the JJRC M02 has the option of bumping up the rates for hopefully a 20% improvement in response . ( I could live with that )
Though the JJRC already looks to fall out of the sky in stability mode , so do you really want tighter tip stalling turns ??????

Anyways , I will have to wait for the Marshal Law ( eeer ) Covid-19 lock down to end so I can transport both models ( by car ) some where for a direct comparison under the same flying conditions .
Last edited by old4570; Apr 23, 2020 at 10:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply