RCGroups.com - Extreme Flight Virtual FunFly!

Join fellow RCGroups.com users on our virtual RC field. This one is sponsored by Extreme Flight RC!

Splash

Fly With Your Friends - Virtually!!

In these intense times, I keep looking for things that I can do to make things more fun. This is an idea I have been thinking about and decided it was time to just make it happen. I will provide you with links for the field, links for additional planes to download and more!

The Extreme Flight Virtual Field and Fly-in

I was supposed to be on the grass with Chris and Team Extreme twice so far this year but of course, all of that was canceled. With that in mind, I spend a few days creating a custom field. I also was on the phone with the Team Extreme RealFlight master (and RCGroups user) Doc Austin. The field has a custom layout, banners and more! Doc is going to suggest some Extreme Flight based planes to download and fly.

What You Need

You do need a RealFlight (version 7 - 9) on your computer to fly with everyone. I know many of you already have this. If you want to learn more about RealFlight go check out my interview. This gives you an overview and links to the product. !

• The password is "terry"
  • You can download the custom RCG field and custom Extreme Flight planes below.

Stuff You Need to Download!!!

How to import your plane files.

• Go to the links above and download the scheme and plane files (I saved mine to my download folder).
  • Go into the RealFlight application and click "Simulation" - "Import" - "RealFlight Archive" and find your file in your download folder.
  • After you have done that go to RealFlight "Aircraft" "Custom Aircraft" and find your new planes!
  • The EF trim scheme was auto-applied to mine. If it isn't going to "Aircraft" "Select Color Scheme" to find the new one.

How to import your airport.

• Go to "Simulation" "Import" "RealFlight Archive" and find your file.
  • You can then go to "Environment" "Select Airport..." to pick the new airport.

Let's Fly!

We look forward to seeing you there. Post any questions in the thread!

Notes on Trolls

If you get a guy smoking out the field or flying a huge plane you can do a few things:

• Hide that user
  • Turn off particles - "View" "Scenery" "Particles"

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Apr 23, 2020 at 03:38 PM..
This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 23, 2020, 02:28 PM
Team Extreme Flight
It's gonna be great fun! Thanks for putting this together!
Apr 23, 2020, 02:33 PM
RCG Admin
We're on right now!
Apr 23, 2020, 03:06 PM
Registered RC NUT!
they was asking where is the password Jim...
Apr 23, 2020, 03:38 PM
Thread OP
The password is "terry"
Apr 23, 2020, 04:33 PM
31 yrs. of Aircraft flying!
Great Idea, I got the field and i love it, great great job on it. and the first plane I gave a try is GREAT!!! The grey and red extra 300. Both colors are wonderful flying.
Apr 23, 2020, 04:36 PM
Thread OP
I saw you flying while I was helping users with updated user names and passwords - enjoy!
Apr 23, 2020, 11:34 PM
How long is the session? Thanks
Apr 24, 2020, 07:02 AM
1946 PIPER J3C-65 N70961
I only have RF 6.5

I had hoped that I would win the RF 9
Last edited by OHIOM38A1; Apr 24, 2020 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Add to comment.
Apr 24, 2020, 08:14 AM
31 yrs. of Aircraft flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
I saw you flying while I was helping users with updated user names and passwords - enjoy!
Yeah, i figured you was busy doing something, I had two others come join me, i had to take off for a bit came back around 10 and no one was in there. I flew for a little while.
I ordered just a mic to hopefully get working on the computer i was flying on.. ordered a new headset to as mine are worn out and hurts my ears hope to get that going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOM38A1
I only have RF 6.5

I had hoped that I would win the RF 9
RF9 is the first RF i have owned in many years, so not sure what all you can do with the 6.5 But 9 is great. I love how real it feels and all the different aircraft on it the ability to easily download and load in more aircraft's. being able to fly online with others, I know you can do that with other sims also I used to get on and fly pretty regular with Phoenix for helis. I stayed away from RF for a long time cause of having to pay for updates, in now seems you have to pay for a whole new one but i hope RF9 will be good enough to not need to upgrade for at least 4-5 years. I downloaded RF9 from my steam account and am using a orange dongle to use my DX8 radio to fly with.
Last edited by epoweredrc; Apr 24, 2020 at 08:24 AM.
Apr 24, 2020, 09:39 AM
1946 PIPER J3C-65 N70961
I recently purchased the RF software here because, although I still had the controller, I could not find my software having not used it for over 7 years.
I bought what I could afford right now. It does what I need to refresh remote flying before going out back with my old Electric RTFs.
RF6.5 just doesn't allow me to participate in this FunFly.
Apr 24, 2020, 11:55 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Finally finished up Gamebirds in both color schemes for RealFlight 3.5 to present.

Apr 24, 2020, 12:01 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for all you do for the hobby Doc!
Apr 24, 2020, 01:14 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
Thanks for all you do for the hobby Doc!
Thanks for all you do, Jim. I know this was a lot of work and this is everyone's chance to support RCG the way you support us.
Apr 24, 2020, 02:32 PM

New Planes

I have RF 7.5 and the electric battery's don't have enough umph to take off. How do I get larger battery's that it says I need, my screen says can't find the battrery V2 5830 5S1P 25c for the battery.

Quick Reply