Apr 22, 2020, 03:40 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Easy Built Models Tiger Moth Balsa Rubber to Electric with Flight video

Here is a short build log of my finished balsa Tiger Moth I started in late February.
Wingspan is 20" covered with the kit tissue applied with Elmer's purple glue stick.
Motor is an overworked br1104 now using a 5030 prop cut down to 3".
ESC is now a 12 amp Turnigy.
Servos are four of the little 2 gram HK gems.
It weighs 65 grams without battery.
As you'll see in the pics I made a number of changes to the plans like extra wing ribs aligned properly, strong wire gear built into the fuselage and ailerons. I also ignored the "precision beam" building system on the plans for simple top and bottom outboard keels. The wood supplied in the kit was good for rubber power but a bit light for what we need. Therefore, I added or replaced wood where necessary. The wing tank is covered with nifty yellow tape. I also used the yellow tape to attach the control surfaces hinges but have since replaced those meticulously with fishing line.
I initially flew it with the 160mah 2 cell stuffed far into the nose and it flew real mushy, but have now added velcro to the front of former #3 (after removing the bottom keel between formers 2 and 3) and it is now very sporty. The plans for this cool kit are of course available for download at Outerzone here.
Modelcraft/Easybuilt Tiger Moth Rubber to Electric Power Conversion (1 min 8 sec)
Last edited by Brent Slensker; Jun 27, 2020 at 11:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2020, 04:28 PM
Thread OP
More build pics...
Jun 27, 2020, 03:59 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Nice work. Just noticed that in your first post you have a link to https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=167 which is actually the Comet 16 inch plan, I'm guessing you meant the Model Craft 20 inch plan at https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=618
Jun 27, 2020, 11:06 AM
Thread OP
Thank you very much! I'll fix that link in the original.
This plane is still flying and will have pics posted soon with the windshields added on.

Quick Reply