Horizon - I Support My Local Hobby Shop

Support your local hobby shop during these extreme times!

Splash

Support Your Local Hobby Shop

From Horizon...

We all belong to a unique community of modelers, clubs, business owners and organizations who share a deep passion for radio-control. The RC hobby spans generations and bonds us like glue. It's a way of life, and for some — like our local, trusted hobby shops — it also provides a livelihood. That livelihood now faces an unprecedented challenge.

As you know, the restrictions that currently prevent brick-and-mortar hobby retailers from normal operation have threatened their ability to support themselves and their families. Those shops are always there when we need them, with great products, expert advice and on-the-spot support. Now, they need us.

It's time to pitch together like we always do when a member of our RC community needs a hand. Horizon Hobby® is therefore launching a special fundraising initiative to help our retail partners through these difficult times. We've made it very easy for RC enthusiasts and friends to lend a hand.

HorizonHobby.com is offering merchandise for sale and taking donations that lets everyone show support for their local shops. This fundraising campaign ends on June 1, when all net proceeds will go directly to Horizon Certified Partner™ Hobby Shops.

Horizon is also hosting an auction for special one-of-a-kind RC items that you can't get anywhere else! All net proceeds will go directly to Horizon Certified Partner™ Hobby Shops.

All Donation items, including the auction items will Ship for Free!

Items in this auction include:

• Axial® Grave Digger® SMT10™ - Signed by Dennis, Adam, and Ryan Anderson from the Grave Digger monster truck team
  • Losi® Mini-T® 2.0 40th Anniversary Limited Edition - 1 of 2003
  • ARRMA® OUTCAST™ 6S 10th Anniversary Limited Edition — 1 of 1 Hobbies for Good edition
  • Mint 400 Prize Pack - 2019 custom Mint 400 Losi Baja Rey® | 2020 Losi Mint 400 Ford Raptor Baja Rey | 2 decanters | Various Mint 400 swag

Learn More

Go to the Horizon Hobby page for all the info!!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Apr 22, 2020 at 08:44 AM..
Apr 22, 2020, 01:36 PM

Alternate Method of Support

I've been to my local Hobby Shop, Anderson RC twice in the last two weeks. Each time, I asked them to add $50 to the bill. They are a spectacular company, owned by two brothers with additional family employed there. They have a great stock and are very knowledgeable and helpful. They are a Horizon Certified Pinnacle Partner and deserve that distinction. It would be a great loss to every RC enthusiast within 100 miles for them to go.
Apr 22, 2020, 02:54 PM
jlk
jlk
Lifetime Beginner
I would love to support my local hobby shop and always did when they were still in business. It is a wonderful sentiment but how many of us now have a local hobby shop.
Apr 24, 2020, 10:40 AM

What's left in puget sound area?

I would love to support my local hobby shop, but what's left in the Seattle area? I was a big patron of Galaxy in Lynnwood until redevelopment squeezed them out. They were the last true "hobby shop" in the area in my mind. There are a couple HobbyTown's and an RC Hobbies for things that fly. A smattering of car based RC shops in the outer reaches. Are there any other?

I remember strolling the aisles of Wagners, Websters, QueenAnne - I've finally grown up, have a kid and disposable income, but they are gone.
Apr 24, 2020, 07:22 PM
IWC
IWC
Flightline Hobby Lake Orion, MI
Apr 24, 2020, 09:31 PM
ICM
ICM
I've been supporting my LHS, Trains and Lanes, an authorized HH dealer outside Easton Pa. Ordered 3 planes in the last month, EC1500, P-39 and most recently the Valiant which should be in tomorrow. They really support the hobby. Owner leases the the land to our club field for a pittance and lets the club use the shop for monthly meetings gratis. Most all 165 club members make it a point to shop there to show their appreciation. Shop has remained open for curbside pickup throughout the shutdown and from what I understand, is still doing well.
Apr 24, 2020, 09:49 PM
I support my local hobby shop which is a small hobby shop. I don't under stand why Horizon is donating the money to Certified Partner which are larger shops and ignoring the smaller shops which also are hurting.
Apr 25, 2020, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICM
I've been supporting my LHS, Trains and Lanes, an authorized HH dealer outside Easton Pa.
I used to work there before coming to Horizon. I spend a few hours there almost every time I'm in the area. Great place, but I'm a wee bit biased Tell Greg and Dave (trains) and John and Pop I said hi. Sure do miss Billy.

Andy
Apr 25, 2020, 01:55 PM
ICM
ICM
Andy,
I met you last year at an event at the LVRCS field. We talked a bit about your stint at T&L. Valiant didn't come in today as scheduled, so I'll be going to T&L early next week to pick it up from John. I'll be sure to tell him and whoever else is around that you said Hi.
Apr 25, 2020, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hinz
I don't under stand why Horizon is donating the money to Certified Partner which are larger shops and ignoring the smaller shops which also are hurting.
My local Hobby shop is a small family run business and they are a Horizon Hobby Certified Partner.
Apr 26, 2020, 06:11 PM
Bob Bayless
I support my local shop called Hobby Bench. Rather go there than mail order any day. Has a nice staff and stocks most everything I need. If they don’t have what I need in stock they get it for me. Want them to stay in business... when you need a part on Sunday they are open.
Apr 28, 2020, 10:53 PM
Hey Guys for those of you based in Australia these guys are the go,

https://www.desertaircraft.com.au/shop/
Apr 28, 2020, 11:31 PM
WJH
WJH
B777F Captain
Every time I support my local shop, they go out of business. Just like every time I write a letter of recommendation to a friend to fly at my company, they don't get hired.
Apr 29, 2020, 07:31 AM
Proof that the world revolves around you.

Andy
Apr 29, 2020, 10:20 AM
I now make it a point to visit "Tammies Hobbies" instead of even looking at things on-line. It's only an 8 minute drive. They have a safe distancing policy and have stayed busy. They have been around for 50 years,, hopefully another 50.

Besides, there's a drive-through Starbucks on the way.

Quick Reply