May 05, 2020, 08:27 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by isjfk
So far as I know you can still bind old ACCST RX with new ACCESS TX. It just looks like frsky will not release new RX with ACCST protocol. I don't think there are any difference with Futaba, unless what I know is wrong.
You can bind ACCST D16 receivers with an ACCESS TX. ACCST D8 compatibility was dropped with the ACCESS release (just like ACCST V8 support was dropped with the ACCST D16 release)

And yes, no new ACCST receivers, just as D8 receivers stopped being developed when D16 was released.
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2020, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
You can bind ACCST D16 receivers with an ACCESS TX. ACCST D8 compatibility was dropped with the ACCESS release (just like ACCST V8 support was dropped with the ACCST D16 release)

And yes, no new ACCST receivers, just as D8 receivers stopped being developed when D16 was released.
You are right.
I'm not mention D8 because I don't own any D8 RX, it sounds really old for me. The first frsky RX I bought is XSR, which is D16 already.

Also according to frsky you can install an external module (XJT I think) to support D8 RX. Not very convenience but should do the work.
May 05, 2020, 01:05 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by isjfk
You are right.
I'm not mention D8 because I don't own any D8 RX, it sounds really old for me. The first frsky RX I bought is XSR, which is D16 already.

Also according to frsky you can install an external module (XJT I think) to support D8 RX. Not very convenience but should do the work.
You can use a DJT module to support V8 & D8 without telemetry, or an XJT module to do D8, LR12 and D16, or an MPM to do all ACCST variations.
Aug 08, 2020, 09:39 AM
I kill batteries!
Any word on the release of the Archer RS and Archer R9 MX receivers?

Really enjoying my Archer M+ receivers and I would like to grab the newer ones to replace everything.
Aug 09, 2020, 11:41 AM

ACCESS: TRIO Control and 40% range increase

ACCESS launch promoted
"Manageable telemetry (Trio ControlTM)
You are able to configure telemetry for up to 3 receivers simultaneously through the radio"
I remember having read recently that actually ACCESS cannot handle a second /third telemetry stream when receivers are all bound to internal module, whilst a second stream of telemetry is managed via external module.
Did I get that right?
If positive, will TRIO be eventually functioning over internal module?

ACCESS appealed to me primarily for better range "control and telemetry range increased 40%" and for TRIO Control. Am I right understanding that both are yet to come?
Oct 04, 2020, 03:56 PM

New RX Firmware v2.1.2

Does anyone know if the FW Archer-X_2.1.2.frsk, published on 2020-09-30 is the same for all Archer receivers? I have downloaded it from the GR8 page, but this is what it says in the readme.txt file:

*******************************Release Note******************************************

This Package is for Archer firmware update.

Version and Files:
Archer-X_2.1.2.frsk Firmware for Archer receivers.

readme.txt Release note

Firmware Version: v2.1.2

The release firmware resolved the issues below:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Support F.PORT2.0.
2. Fix the problem of random output in some channels after power on.
3. Fix the problem that the RSSI output does not update in F.ORT mode.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to update Archer receiver firmware :
1. Put the firmware under the folder [FIRMWARE] of SD card.
2. Register and bind the receiver with your radio, keep the receiver under working mode.
3. Find the firmware file in SD folder, select it by press [ENT].
4. Select Flash receiver OTA, re-cycle the receiver power and wait for flash ends.
5. Re-cycle the receiver power and wait for 3 seconds to have connection with your radio again.

Note: Receiver is still supported with flashing firmware by s.port wire connection to a radio.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More details please check FrSky website.
https://www.frsky-rc.com/product-cat...archer-series/

**********************All rights reserved to FrSky Electronic ., Ltd.*********************************
Oct 04, 2020, 05:50 PM
FJH
FJH
Quote:
Originally Posted by glur
Does anyone know if the FW Archer-X_2.1.2.frsk, published on 2020-09-30 is the same for all Archer receivers?
No, every type of receiver has its own specific firmware and you will find it on the FrSky specific receiver download page.
Oct 04, 2020, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJH
No, every type of receiver has its own specific firmware and you will find it on the FrSky specific receiver download page.
I have the Archer M+ and the Archer R4, the 2.1.2 download for both of these is the same file. The firmware description even has the same typo which inspires much confidence...
Oct 07, 2020, 12:27 PM
I was just as confused last night trying to grab the ArcherGR8 and Archer M+ FW.
Had to go back and download again THINKING I SCREWED UP BECAUSE FILE NAMES IDENTICAL. Are they possibly all embedded to make it easier? (I didn’t even bother to try and flash to see) I’ll let someone else try
Oct 07, 2020, 01:51 PM
Not all of the Archer receivers use the same firmware, so be careful. Some do and some do not.

Mike
Oct 07, 2020, 04:12 PM
Watch out for the Muffler Man
Is anyone using m+ with rs and the old 8 channel redundancy bus and especially on large fixed wing aircraft? Is this a good combination? I currently use xm+, xsr, and the rb.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Oct 07, 2020, 04:25 PM

SR6 & SR8PRO Archer ACCESS receivers

Any update on when the SR6 and SR8PRO ACCESS receivers will be available for purchase in the UK (T9hobbysport) ?
Oct 07, 2020, 09:58 PM
Will fly for Bourbon
I have been flying the Archer GR6 for about 6 weeks and it was working perfectly. Saw the 2.1.2 update and ran it OTA. Went out today and suffered 2 major lock outs, luck whould have it I did not crash but was able to recover control. The first time was very close at about 100 ft above me. The second time was just a little further maybe 250 ft. Put it away until someone can shed some light on this BS. Set up is DLG with XD9 SE 2019 ACCeSS, GR6 with new 2.1.2. I'm going to try a reflash?? Funny thing is it range checked fine and did not happen until about an hour into my flying session.
Oct 08, 2020, 01:40 AM
FJH
FJH
@DBSkyout
You should have a logfile, please post it.
Oct 08, 2020, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil HH
Any update on when the SR6 and SR8PRO ACCESS receivers will be available for purchase in the UK (T9hobbysport) ?
Frsky suggested they will be shipping them from Horusrc mid Oct, can't say when T9 will get stock though but I imagine not long after Horusrc has stock.

Edit: had a look and it seems my SR10 Pro are en route.

Quick Reply