Oct 23, 2020, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBSkyout
@ Landru, did you review my logs?
Sorry, I haven't yet. But I do intend to do so!

Meanwhile, since FJH has had a look, I'd say you're in the best of hands.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2020, 02:25 PM
I'd be happy to see such VFR values in my logs.

Just one further thought: If you were up to repeating the exercise at 60 Acres without re-registering and rebinding after flashing 2.1.2, we might get a better idea of the repeatability of the issue in your circumstances. It's a bother and risk, of course.

Meanwhile, it does seem that rebinding and re-registering after flashing 2.1.2 might be a wise precaution in general.
Oct 25, 2020, 12:04 AM
Why FRSKY doesnt publish a External ACCESS converse Kit, when the conversion is that simple to manage?
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/wiki/Externalaccessmod

FRSKY providing a spare Para BT Module and a Manual for the Users to desolder and solder this.
So this conversion should be alot easier to manage.
The only Reason i can see here is, you will bring the customers to buy MORE.
Please tell me if this is planned from FRSKY too. Thank you Adela.
Oct 25, 2020, 04:27 AM
Don't know of a successful company who's prime goal was not to sell it's product and at profit.

Just glad Frsky made the ACCESS upgrade board full stop, they did not have to.
Possibly made very little business sense investing the resources into FrOS for a further option of internal upgrade 900mhz ACCESS support, especially as FrOS is now obsolete due to ETHOS. I wonder how many will actually do this mod to make it viable as well.

For balance it looks a nice mod on Opentx maybe I will do it one day if I ever do go ACCESS on 900mhz but as the the R9m I have works fine on my x12s with upgrade module and the R9M 2019 would as well on ACCST (I hope I am right on that) and all most of the new OTA R9 receivers can run ACCST I don't see where the big fuss is at least for me.

One thing this does highlight to me is if I ever go ETHOS on my next radio a lot of potential upgrade paths may close. Maybe keep my x12s on Opentx and leave ETHOS to my X24 if of course it proves worthy at all.
Oct 25, 2020, 09:52 AM
Will fly for Bourbon
It appears that the lockout problem has completely disappeared. I put another 3 hours in the air and my logs were clean. I would really like to know what is going on with the OTA update process that would cause this. Frsky has been completely silent and in all the emails sent to me they claimed in no way could this happen. Surely, I am not the only one that has had this problem. I still like there product and will continue to use it even though my confidence has been a little damaged.
Oct 25, 2020, 03:14 PM
Sometimes when we install software it just doesn’t go. A reinstall usually does the trick. Sometimes just a reboot fixes the issues. Doesn’t excuse anything but could be a bit of code that had a tough time. I had constant “critical” until I registered a second time. My 3rd archer GR8 (different glider same process) had zero issue.
Oct 25, 2020, 03:26 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Archer S series (stabilised)?
I have tried an S6R about 2 years ago. It was a disaster then, hard to set up, constant need to calibrate, poor performance. In fact the only total loss of control I've had with FrSky was with S6R.
I gave up and the only plane with gyro I have has Eagle Hobby one and its trouble free, install and forget.

Is there any chance Archer S series is improved?

Thanks.
Oct 26, 2020, 05:13 AM
My experience is much better with the S*R receivers, have a few and they worked fine on d16v1 and appear to work fine on d16v2. I have never had a S*R randomly loose calibration either. I was not a early adopter of these rx though and perhaps missed some early teething issues.

The Archer equivalent SR8 and SR10 are due to be shipped now, I imagine it is only a select few who have actually got one and flown with it.

I was lead to believe mine were in the post, forgot about them so need to have a look to see where they are at. Will take a fair few flights on these before they get full trust on something valuable.

Edit: checked tracking number, although they say shipped and I have a tracking number I do not believe they are dispatched as of yet.
Last edited by raydar; Oct 26, 2020 at 05:24 AM.
Oct 27, 2020, 04:50 AM
Thanks raydar, guess I'll wait and see. For now if I need a gyro, I'll stick with Hobby Eagle.

At least now I have a good use case for ACCESS (pin remap feature).

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar
My experience is much better with the S*R receivers, have a few and they worked fine on d16v1 and appear to work fine on d16v2. I have never had a S*R randomly loose calibration either. I was not a early adopter of these rx though and perhaps missed some early teething issues.

The Archer equivalent SR8 and SR10 are due to be shipped now, I imagine it is only a select few who have actually got one and flown with it.

I was lead to believe mine were in the post, forgot about them so need to have a look to see where they are at. Will take a fair few flights on these before they get full trust on something valuable.

Edit: checked tracking number, although they say shipped and I have a tracking number I do not believe they are dispatched as of yet.
Oct 28, 2020, 06:39 PM
Looks like v2.1.5 for Archer is out:

1. Add support for SR6/SR8 PRO/SR10 PRO
2. Change OTA behavior (see readme file) and fix the issue of requiring registration to show the correct receiver version after OTA.
3. Limit the output range of SBUS/F.PORT to 885uS ~ 2115uS.

Note it does not mention fixing of that apparent range/link quality issue with 2.1.2 (which - apparently again - was fixed by re-register/rebind), I do hope it is indeed fixed in this release.
Oct 28, 2020, 06:45 PM
I kill batteries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101
Looks like v2.1.5 for Archer is out:

1. Add support for SR6/SR8 PRO/SR10 PRO
2. Change OTA behavior (see readme file) and fix the issue of requiring registration to show the correct receiver version after OTA.
3. Limit the output range of SBUS/F.PORT to 885uS ~ 2115uS.

Note it does not mention fixing of that apparent range/link quality issue with 2.1.2 (which - apparently again - was fixed by re-register/rebind), I do hope it is indeed fixed in this release.
I'm still waiting for new firmware for the archer rs receivers 😔
Oct 28, 2020, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashaccepted
I'm still waiting for new firmware for the archer rs receivers 😔
They have some new RS features that they are still testing.

Mike
Oct 28, 2020, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
They have some new RS features that they are still testing.

Mike
Mike, any info if apparent range/link issues reported in numerous threads have been fixed, or this is just the cosmetic fix for the version?
Oct 29, 2020, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101
Mike, any info if apparent range/link issues reported in numerous threads have been fixed, or this is just the cosmetic fix for the version?
This is what I've tested so far.

RS https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=340

R8 and R10 Pro https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=341

Mike
Oct 29, 2020, 08:33 AM
I kill batteries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
I have 8 of the rs receivers. None installed since I was expecting that the rssi over f.port would not be working the way my m+ rx's were when I first got them.

Would be nice to at least (for now) have firmware with working rssi over f.port and then the other features I can wait for later.

Quick Reply