Apr 21, 2020, 02:52 AM
FrSky-MKT
Thread OP
New Product

FrSky Archer Series ACCESS Receivers Release

Overview
The Archer series is more than just an updated iteration of the current receiver line, it’s creation marks the synchronization of software and hardware, opening up the true potential of the ACCESS protocol.

The Archer line of receivers applies the ACCESS protocol across the board and covers all the performance functions like latency and a strong, reliable signal link. The hardware is designed with sufficient storage and the upgraded chip implements plenty of processing power to ensure features like OTA and others still under development will run flawlessly on this series.

The line offers receivers in a wide range of configurations suitable for each user and model type. Tiny telemetry-enabled receivers like the RS and M+ are perfect for micro vehicles. A full line-up of the common 4/6/8 channel high-precision receivers with standard PWM servo connections with the addition of the first 10-channel receiver, simplifying models that require more PWM channels and optimizing space. The “Pro” versions of the Archer line offers features like Anti-interference performance with the 10-channel receivers feature Anti-vibration and power redundancy with dual-battery ports.

Comparison Chart

More information about ACCESS 2.X.X: https://www.frsky-rc.com/access-2-x-...rmware-update/
Last edited by AndreaHuang; May 19, 2020 at 04:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2020, 11:34 AM
FrSky radio + plane exclusive
Good to see that finally they are coming.
The name of the Archer S6R is the same as the ACCTS S6R I have (5 of them). Is it the same hardware? If so, can I mod my S6R to get the missing A2 sensor and flash the Access firmware?
Edit: Ok I was quick, S6R is different from SR6. Still are they hardware compatible?
Apr 21, 2020, 11:38 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroEternalNewbi
Good to see that finally they are coming.
The name of the Archer S6R is the same as the ACCTS S6R I have (5 of them). Is it the same hardware? If so, can I mod my S6R to get the missing A2 sensor and flash the Access firmware?
Edit: Ok I was quick, S6R is different from SR6. Still are they hardware compatible?
I would doubt it, the Archers have the new RF frontend introduced with the RX/G-RX receivers, the S6R has the 1st gen RF front end from the X series.
Apr 21, 2020, 01:13 PM
Watch out for the Muffler Man
when can these receivers be purchased? you announced the release months ago.
Apr 21, 2020, 09:23 PM
FrSky-MKT
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
when can these receivers be purchased? you announced the release months ago.
The shipping of M+ and GR8 will start this week, other Archer receivers are estimated to be gradually available to ship before the end of May.
Apr 22, 2020, 08:03 AM
Watch out for the Muffler Man
all other archer receivers will ship by the end of may or just one or two more models will ship by the end of may?
Apr 25, 2020, 10:30 AM
What is SBus 16/24 channel

S-Bus Protokoll switchabel from Standard Futaba with 16Ch to new Frsky ACCESS SBus 24Ch
or selectting a group of Ch 16 from 24 to get SBus with 16 ( and free Ch selecting)
Apr 28, 2020, 01:27 AM
Flying in OZ.
Can these Archer receivers be flashed (back dated) so they can be used with ACCST D16 transmitters?

I own an X9D and a X9D+ and I don't need to upgrade to ACCESS till I have worn out these two transmitters. I almost only run X series receivers now (only 4 x D8's left) and would like too, when needed, go for the latest RX's with the idea of the future purchase of a ACCESS TX when needed.

Dave
Apr 28, 2020, 02:22 AM
FJH
FJH
Simple answer - no ACCST firmware for any ARCHER Rx exist nor is planned.
Apr 28, 2020, 08:14 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflylilplanes
Can these Archer receivers be flashed (back dated) so they can be used with ACCST D16 transmitters?

I own an X9D and a X9D+ and I don't need to upgrade to ACCESS till I have worn out these two transmitters. I almost only run X series receivers now (only 4 x D8's left) and would like too, when needed, go for the latest RX's with the idea of the future purchase of a ACCESS TX when needed.

Dave
Your best bet is to stick to RX and G-RX receivers for now, picking ACCST receivers that have ACCESS firmware available today. That provides you with a transition path to ACCESS while maintaining ACCST compatibility.
Apr 28, 2020, 08:48 AM
SR10 Pro looks to be the compact all in one receiver for my mini turbines, superb. Maybe will test on a lesser aircraft once I get one though lol.

I hope they come with robust antenna's, some of the Frsky ACCST rx'x antenna's were shipping with antenna that were simply to weak though I think they took that onboard and went back to a higher gauge.

Not sure about the xt type power connectors, are they xt30's? Just dug out a xt30 for sizing actually they look ideal as smaller than I imagined.

Really excited about that rx it ticks all the boxes for me in a compact size.

Dare I say it a 12 channel one would have been nice as well as I could have used 11 channels on a micro turbine or EDF plane with ease, I suppose I could add a single sbus sd1 if needed or sbus to pwm decoder for low currant draw non flight critical controls.
Last edited by raydar; Apr 28, 2020 at 09:27 AM.
May 01, 2020, 01:06 PM
Dash till Puff
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJH
Simple answer - no ACCST firmware for any ARCHER Rx exist nor is planned.
The mid and high end Futaba radios do all the protocols now ((FASST, FASSTEST, FHSS, TFHSS)) 14SG, 16SZ, 18SZ, 18MZ/WC and 32MZ

Frsky have a serious problem in mind if they think people cannot sleep well without ACCESS protocol and they have not understood the goal of openTX either
May 01, 2020, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreless
The mid and high end Futaba radios do all the protocols now ((FASST, FASSTEST, FHSS, TFHSS)) 14SG, 16SZ, 18SZ, 18MZ/WC and 32MZ

Frsky have a serious problem in mind if they think people cannot sleep well without ACCESS protocol and they have not understood the goal of openTX either
Could you expand on the goal of openTX please? I would be very intrested to learn more about it.
May 03, 2020, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang
The shipping of M+ and GR8 will start this week, other Archer receivers are estimated to be gradually available to ship before the end of May.
Great, can't wait to get my hands on a couple of the M+'s
May 04, 2020, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreless

So far as I know you can still bind old ACCST RX with new ACCESS TX. It just looks like frsky will not release new RX with ACCST protocol. I don't think there are any difference with Futaba, unless what I know is wrong.

Quick Reply