TenShock TS-GDM1510A Planetary Gear Drive Motor

The TS-MI-EVO1510GA series motor is based on the TenShock high-end Evo motor series. It is optimized and improved to meet the needs of current popular f5j sailplanes.

Splash

TenShock F5J Motor Options

The TS-MI-EVO1510GA series motor is based on the TenShock high-end Evo motor series. It is optimized and improved to meet the needs of current popular f5j sailplanes. The bell has a CNC hollow design to reduce weight and improve heat dissipation. The stator core is made of high performance silicon steel sheet with a thickness of 0.1mm, which effectively reduces the eddy current loss under high frequency operation. Copper silver alloy wire is used in the coil to reduce the internal resistance of the coil in a limited space. The rotor is made of high-grade NdFeB magnets and wrapped with high-strength Kevlar which can ensure the magnetic field strength and effectively prevent the rotor from bursting under high rotation. Combined with 20 years of motor manufacturing experience the overall performance has reached a new level.

TS-GB13A gearbox shell is made by high-precision CNC, which ensures strength and reduces weight as much as possible without losing the beauty. The process of CNC cutting and heat treatment hardening is used to make the gear reach gear precision level 6, and the design of the planetary gear with full needle roller ensures smoothness and durability of the gear box.

These motor comes available in 4650 and 3550 KV ratings and fit prop sizes from 14-18" diameters. They are listed at a price of $190.

Learn more about the TenShock TS-GDM1510A Planetary Gear Drive Motors Here

Apr 20, 2020, 10:40 AM
Team Futaba
Good thread already in progress with comments from the manufacturer along with those of some people who know a lot about motors.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hock-f5j-motor
Apr 20, 2020, 11:12 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Awesome, thanks for the main discussion link!
Apr 23, 2020, 10:54 AM
DHL had a positive surprise to me. Looks really good. Best looking F5J motors I have seen

I hope I can do some testing on weekend or next.
Apr 25, 2020, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo
DHL had a positive surprise to me. Looks really good. Best looking F5J motors I have seen

I hope I can do some testing on weekend or next.
Are these both models of EVO motor? Different wire leads in your photos.
Apr 25, 2020, 11:52 AM
They are same except different kv. The 4s motor has connectors already soldered, 3s motor has just wires.

Today I did some 30 sec static testing (including 15 sec at full power) with 4s motor and Roaring Top 850 4s battery. YGE 65 LVT, 6 deg timing. Propellers were GM 13x8,13x10F and Primoz 1025 4s prop.

It is impossible to say anything about performance as these propellers are stalled in static test, but motor was very smooth and did not get hot.
Apr 25, 2020, 12:18 PM
NorCal Electric Soaring (NES)
Tuomo, I am very much looking forward to some non-subjective comparisons of climb rates with different props.
Aug 07, 2020, 09:25 AM
Hi
I will soon receive 2 explorer Q (standard and strong version ) and I took as motorization for these 2 gliders the TS-GDM1510A 3950kv powered in 4s.
I think for the standard version I need a 13 * 9 or 13*10 propeller and for the strong version a 14*10 propeller.
Do you think these are the right propeller sizes for my gliders?

Thank you
Sosthene
Aug 07, 2020, 12:18 PM
If you can wait a little I can post you some data when I get back to home (competition this weekend).

All I can say now is that I never could make the GM 13x10 work. Technically it looks good giving (eventually) very high speed. But acceleration was just mediocre and plane moved really fast when motor at idling, making thermal detection difficult.
Aug 07, 2020, 01:44 PM
In F3J size does matter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo
If you can wait a little I can post you some data when I get back to home (competition this weekend).

All I can say now is that I never could make the GM 13x10 work. Technically it looks good giving (eventually) very high speed. But acceleration was just mediocre and plane moved really fast when motor at idling, making thermal detection difficult.
I have a similar experience with the 13x10. I know some people really like them but for my style of flying and thermal searching, they were not working for me. I was either too slow with them at very low idle or way too fast, no “in between”. The 13x8 gives me much better control and are so far my favourite prop.

Quick Reply