Apr 17, 2020, 08:50 AM
Shop for RC enthusiasts!
Thread OP
Discussion

PauzuolisRC - Arrow 3D trainer - Build Thread

Hello fellow modelers. I would like to present to you new product from Pauzuolis-RC. 33 inch Arrow 3D Trainer is a park flyer that is based on famous aeromusical plane Arrow Competition Special. I use this model in World Air Games and World F3P-AM championship to secure victories. Outdoor version of this plane features noticeable easier build, extremely strong construction and excellent flight characteristic's. With this plane it is super easy to perform most of 3D maneuvers with low/mid level skills.

Elevator does not feature compensators, so mode is very pleasant and not so aggressive in pitch axis.
On high rates model have sensitive rudder and ailerons, so quite few extreme aerobatic maneuvers are possible.

This version of Arrow is build from very durable 5MM PP foam. After many tests we think it is better than EPP or Depron. It have smooth surface, that is great for printers and overall looks, but main property of this foam is naturally strength. Another benefit of this foam, for the build any CA (No need for special foam friendly version) can be used.

In this thread I will show step by step build of new Arrow 3D Trainer, and will answer all your questions.
Model in our store:
https://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/rc-shop...row-3d-trainer

First of many videos to come.
Pauzuolis-RC Arrow 3D Trainer (2 min 33 sec)

Technical Spec's:

33 inch (84 cm) wing span.
35,6 inch (90,5cm) fuselage.
RTF weight in video: 8,5 oz (242 grams)

Recommended Setup:
Motor: 21-30 gram motor. ( Eagle Power SA 2204 KV 1800 or T-Motor 2306/1900KV)
ESC: 10-15A esc. (Hobby wing SKYWALKER-12 AE Castle Creations 15A Talon)
Servos: Three 2-3 kg torque, 8-13g servos (Hitec 65HB, Hitec 65MG, Spectrum 3030, MKS HV75K)
Propeller: 8-9 inc propeller (Plastic GF 8 x 3,8 ; PT 8.5x4)
Battery: 3S 450-750 mAh (Flight time 4 - 7 minutes)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2020, 05:09 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
So what exactly is PP? A denser, finer grain EPP with a skin...or what? Someone thought it was hot-rolled compressed EPP, but wasn't sure.
Apr 19, 2020, 06:22 AM
I want one ☝️
Apr 19, 2020, 02:30 PM
Shop for RC enthusiasts!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
So what exactly is PP? A denser, finer grain EPP with a skin...or what? Someone thought it was hot-rolled compressed EPP, but wasn't sure.
Hello Sir, thank you for your question. The raw material of PP foam is same as those of EPP. They are all polypropylene particles. PP foam production is different in comparison to EPP. PP is physically foaming. There are micro holes in the foam. EPP is chemical foaming, so the end result and material properties are different. I have build huge amount of foamies in 25 years of modelling, and I use tested many foam types. Properties of PP is most suitable for durable outdoor shock flyer type plane. On top of that foam looks very smooth/even, not like EPP (Bunch of bubbles stuck together). Please take a look at picture PP foam next EPP.†
Apr 19, 2020, 03:12 PM
Shop for RC enthusiasts!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1300
I want one ☝️
Glad you are interested mate! Let's move on with building:
Apr 19, 2020, 03:59 PM
I’ve been wondering for a few years now when someone would use this material in a shock flyer. Well done. Looks like a ton of fun.
Apr 20, 2020, 07:31 AM
Shop for RC enthusiasts!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinteriorguy
Iíve been wondering for a few years now when someone would use this material in a shock flyer. Well done. Looks like a ton of fun.
This is exactly what I was thinking about when I discover this material
Apr 20, 2020, 10:16 AM
Hopefully this finds its way to the US. I think this stuff would be fantastic.
Apr 21, 2020, 06:50 AM
Shop for RC enthusiasts!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinteriorguy
Hopefully this finds its way to the US. I think this stuff would be fantastic.
I see no reason why it should not reach/spread in USA. I start business in 2011, since then hundreds of parcels have reached USA with no issues, so far not a single was lost! In fact this month we run special promo for free shipping world wide once two or more Arrow kits are purchased. Same deal is applied if Arrow kit is bought together with another kit we produce, for example SuperTrino: https://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/?s=Supe...t_type=product

Let's move on with plane building updates:
Apr 26, 2020, 11:25 AM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Wonderful looking airplane and new construction techniques Donatas! I'm eager to fly one sometime.
Apr 27, 2020, 09:43 AM
Shop for RC enthusiasts!
Thread OP
Thank you my friend. I really like this material properties and how outdoor version of Arrow fly. This is forgiving and pleasant flying airplane. With PP foam I see potential to create something much more agile and crazy behaving.

Last week I tested Go Pro mounted on my Core radio. I like result of first attempt. Weather was not ideal (4-8 m/s wind), but it was good chance to test strength of Arrow 3D Trainer. I will certainly make more videos like this with explanation and some tips how to perform cool maneuvers. Write your requests boys and girls, what would you like to see? Some moves took me weeks to polish and understand, now I am glad to share some tips that will help younger generation.

ARROW - Stress test (Radio sticks movement) (1 min 1 sec)
Apr 27, 2020, 01:52 PM
WOW! very cool flying!! afraid to ask,how much to ship to USA.thanks.
Apr 27, 2020, 02:05 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Burner
WOW! very cool flying!!
You think so? Check out his YouTube channel.

Quick Reply