Blade 330 S with Smart Technology!

Nestled perfectly between the collective pitch sensation Blade 230 S V2 and the high performance 360 size models, the Blade 330 S elevates intermediate pilots to the next level.

Splash

Blade 330 S Smart Equipped Collective Heli Trainer - BLH5900 RTF / BLH5950 BNF

It’s easy to step up with features such as a new modern robust design, easy-to-fly SAFE® Helicopter Firmware, new rotor head, new mainframe, and optimized power system. Spektrum™ H3055 and H3065 digital metal geared servos provide precise response and durability, while the carbon fiber main blades ensure precision flight performance and consistency. Both the Ready-to-Fly and Bind-N-Fly™ Basic versions come with a Smart ESC, however, the RTF includes a DXe Transmitter, Smart battery and USB charger. The Avian 30 amp Smart ESC provides important telemetry data without extra modules or wires as well as delivering impressive motor resolution and performance. With one of the best SAFE heli experiences yet, the ground up 6250HX Flight Controller from Spektrum offers refined stabilization and recovery modes that allow pilots to grow their skills. The 330 S is engineered for intermediate to advanced heli pilots by offering a highly-tuned machine with innovative Smart and SAFE® technology ready for first forays into advanced flight.

• Expertly tuned SAFE Technology increases performance & confidence levels • Our best bail out yet! With the touch of a button, the 330 S rights itself to a manageable orientation nearly instantly • Integrated Smart ESC provides telemetry data such as Flight Pack Voltage, ESC Current and RPM, and more • Smart Charger and Battery for fast and easy charging • Vibrant, attractive and easy to see trim scheme

AS3X and SAFE Technology Innovative SAFE® and AS3X® Technology make it easy for anyone to fly helicopters with confidence. Flight modes from self-leveling to full 3D allow you to grow your skills with this helicopter, from beginner & intermediate, to advanced maneuvers.

Panic Recovery The 6250HX flight controller employees a fast and accurate 6-axis MEMS Gyro to nearly instantly return the 330 S to level flight with the press of a button should the pilot lose orientation, or get into an uncomfortable situation.

Avian 30 Amp Smart Brushless ESC Installed The Blade 330 S is ready to relay Smart ESC and Battery telemetry data right to your Smart compatible Spektrum transmitter. Pilots will easily be able to track flight pack voltage, rotor head RPM and ESC current, right on their transmitter, no extra modules required.

Metal Gear Cyclic Servos Durable, digital high speed servos offer precise, high-performance control that every heli pilot craves. Collective Pitch Rotor System The collective pitch rotor mechanics of the 330 S have been engineered to give you just the right level of maneuverability for learning aerobatics and inverted flight.

Everything Included [with RTF model) Spektrum DXe transmitter, 2200mah 3S 11.1V Smart 30C; IC3 battery, USB-C Smart Charger, and AA batteries included all in one box.

Check out the RCgroups.com Online Trade Show video here (Captions recommended)

Blade Helis RCGroups.com Online Trade Show - Blade 330S Flight Demo and Overview (3 min 36 sec)

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Apr 10, 2020 at 03:51 PM..
Apr 10, 2020, 03:02 PM
Thread OP
Also FYI for anyone that is flying a 330 S currently, I have played with the tune slightly from stock to help with the tail and to give more cyclic pitch. If you are interested in my tune numbers let me know and I will share
Apr 10, 2020, 03:56 PM
Thread OP
Interested in giving helis a try? The Blade 330 S is available at your favorite Blade Helis retailers and Online everywhere

Learn more here
RTF - https://www.horizonhobby.com/330-s-rtf-blh5900
BNF - https://www.horizonhobby.com/330-s-bnf-basic-blh5950
Apr 10, 2020, 09:11 PM
Yes I really want a heli that uses the 3s 2200 of which the majority of my airplane fleet uses. Unfortunately now is not a good time for me to spend money due to the current situation
Apr 11, 2020, 11:05 AM

ESC Amperage

How come the transmitter is not reporting the amperage? Do all of the Avian speed controls (15a through 80a) have current sensors?
Apr 11, 2020, 01:31 PM
FL, Sanford
I have the same question - isn't there a built-in current sensor?
Apr 12, 2020, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros27
How come the transmitter is not reporting the amperage? Do all of the Avian speed controls (15a through 80a) have current sensors?
I re-watched the video. Motor amps is being reported on the left hand side, 3rd row down. What is the "---A" for?
Apr 12, 2020, 05:40 PM
FL, Sanford
Looks like it is for BEC output current. I re-watched it too
Apr 13, 2020, 06:38 PM
Now if you can watch that status screen at the same time you are piloting that heli, I have major respect for you...haha
Apr 14, 2020, 01:27 PM
Thread OP
Yes that value is the BEC amperage, which is not provided with the Avian 30 esc. Thank you guys for watching!
Apr 15, 2020, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SpektrumRC
Also FYI for anyone that is flying a 330 S currently, I have played with the tune slightly from stock to help with the tail and to give more cyclic pitch. If you are interested in my tune numbers let me know and I will share
Yes please!
May 01, 2020, 08:36 PM
Yes- what are your tune numbers ????
May 03, 2020, 01:56 AM
good video on issues / tuning out the tail wag:
Horizon Hobby Blade 330s Safe Mode and Tail PID Tuning with a YouTube Fan's Helicopter (10 min 7 sec)

I found this online and it helped me.
May 09, 2020, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SpektrumRC
yes
Jun 07, 2020, 02:17 PM
Pounding the Kool-Aid
I just purchased this 330s and setting it up on a Spektrum DX8 DSMX transmitter, the original silver finished case transmitter. I was hoping Spektrum had the setup for this TX on their website, but could on find the setup for the G2 version....anyway, I would like to move the panic recovery from the Trainer/Bind button to the Gear switch, that switch is much quicker to get to, if needed. Advice on this change please

Thanks in advance
Kurtzz

Quick Reply