Apr 10, 2020, 08:09 PM
I think the above post shows the complexity of designing these models. While I am not going to get this model for now, these are excellent reasons not to include gears doors. Personally I don’t think it’s that big of deal.
I am looking at the P-38, whose thread I have been lurking around in for a while. As one said before me, now back to the lurking.

Ken
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2020, 08:23 PM
I have been holding out for a twin electric, and I think this will be my first!!!
Apr 11, 2020, 03:05 AM
DFS#000178
I knew someone was gonna do it before too long.

You guys just made it so I'll never get my Uravitch flying again.

I think I'm gonna need this.
Apr 11, 2020, 07:29 AM
Thread OP
A good top down side by side shot of the 1.6m P-38 next to the 1.4m OV-10. The 1.4m OV-10 is 1/8.5 scale, and it stands taller and longer than the 1/10 scale 1.6m P-38 from FlightLine. If we had made them the same scale at 1/10, the OV-10 would have been 1.2m. Oddly this is one of those models where the numbers for the wingspan measurement alone can deceive
Apr 11, 2020, 07:34 AM
The A-10 still sells for $600 so obviously it is still a big seller. I have one, love it, and have flown and beaten the death out of it. So out of curiosity, what would it have cost to scale this up to the A-10 size and detail? I would have gladly paid 5 bills or more for this to have been bigger with more detail. I'm no economist, and I realize you guys make decisions based on what you think will sell more. This is by no means a complaint in any way. I love this Bronco and hope to pick one up eventually, so I'm just wondering what it would have cost to have the details most guys want in a bigger foam war bird. Keep up the good work, and I'll keep putting in the overtime to help support you.
Apr 11, 2020, 07:46 AM
Retired USAF
I love it!

So, given the high, low load wing and the addition of flaps. What are the thoughts on this being not only a good first twin, but a first warbird? Asking from the point of having flown for a while but took a long hiatus and just getting back into the sport. Currently flying a Carbon Cub.
I would think the nature of electrics would take away the majority of the engine out concerns of a twin. Add to that the counter rotating props for torque concerns. This just looks like a very stable platform. Watching the vids, it looks like it comes in at a very manageable speed.

Thoughts?
Apr 11, 2020, 09:27 AM
I haven't flown it yet (obviously) but I think it has two key attributes that I would consider this for what your concerns are. It's a tricycle gear aircraft and counter-rotating props. I have the FMS Tigercat with these features and it's a piece of cake to take-off and land with. It still has plenty of power though for more aggressive maneuvers and I'm sure this plane is the similar in that regard as well.

The wide chord wing should also help with slower landing speeds and a wider flight envelope. As with any warbird, keep some power on for landing. I think it should be fine for someone with you qualifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra1365
I love it!

So, given the high, low load wing and the addition of flaps. What are the thoughts on this being not only a good first twin, but a first warbird? Asking from the point of having flown for a while but took a long hiatus and just getting back into the sport. Currently flying a Carbon Cub.
I would think the nature of electrics would take away the majority of the engine out concerns of a twin. Add to that the counter rotating props for torque concerns. This just looks like a very stable platform. Watching the vids, it looks like it comes in at a very manageable speed.

Thoughts?
Apr 11, 2020, 09:56 AM

Just when I thought I was out....

They suck me back in....
After a halt of my buying from Motion due to a shipment gone missing but more so, some very poor customer service...the OV-10 got me back. I placed my pre-order today. An OV-10 Bronco has been on my wish list for all of my 8 years in RC. James laid out some good research numbers on how they sorted out features vs. price point vs. performance in answering the gear doors issue. Me..., give me working suspension over gear doors any day. I did however notice (after clicking) that the power system is down considerably vs. the P38 and F7F. And, while top speed is not my thing, thrust and vertical are. I will be very interested in A/ how mine performs and B/ If Motion or someone else upgrades their power system. Stock, It looks like it can handle bigger props and maybe a longer motor can and lower KV with a higher amp ESC?
Apr 11, 2020, 10:48 AM
AA6JB
I always wanted to buy and build one of Rich Uravitch's OV-1 Mohawk or OV-10 Bronco short kits. Now I can buy and fly a nicely sized OV-10. Nice offering IMO, Tnx MRC.
Apr 11, 2020, 11:29 AM
Twins are Twice the Fun
Hello RCG pilots,
Just wanted to let ya'll know that if there any questions regarding this airframe please feel free to ask me.
Alpha months ago asked if I would like to be the customer rep that reviewed this product and I accepted without a hint of reservation......….go figure.
I did a 30+ pic build review that can be found at post#42 on the Hobby Squawk link that James referenced in the beginning of this thread.
Best regards,
Warbird Charlie
Apr 11, 2020, 11:53 AM
Charlie, I read your review yesterday and really enjoyed it - you did a great job! So thanks very much, and thank you to Motion and Flightline for this aircraft, it's going to be a hit I'm sure.
Tom
Apr 11, 2020, 07:24 PM
So whats the price?
Apr 11, 2020, 07:29 PM
Twins are Twice the Fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim409
So whats the price?
Here's the web page
https://www.motionrc.com/collections...nco-1400mm-pnp
Apr 11, 2020, 07:45 PM
DFS#000178
A couple of silly questions.

1) Are the wheels a little smaller than scale? How big are they?

2) Are the weapon pylon sponsons optional? Are there parts included to put it together with a 'flush' fuselage?

3) Are the decals preapplied? It kinda looks that way in the Squawk build but I'll be honest, I'm on mobile, I didn't read it. I just looked at the (very) pretty pictures.
Apr 11, 2020, 09:44 PM
Twins are Twice the Fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
A couple of silly questions.

1) Are the wheels a little smaller than scale? How big are they?

2) Are the weapon pylon sponsons optional? Are there parts included to put it together with a 'flush' fuselage?

3) Are the decals preapplied? It kinda looks that way in the Squawk build but I'll be honest, I'm on mobile, I didn't read it. I just looked at the (very) pretty pictures.
1) The wheels are not smaller than scale. Mains are 2.75" and nose is 2.5"

2) No option for smooth fuselage

3) Water slides are factory applied.

Quick Reply