Micro Birds Firefly 2.0 Sloper

Micro Birds has a new version coming of the Firefly. The Firefly 2.0 is a flying wing design that has modified rounded off wingtips and a flatter sharper nose pod that looks great.

Splash

New Version for Aerobatics

Micro Birds has a new version coming of the Firefly. The Firefly 2.0 is a flying wing design that has modified rounded off wingtips and a flatter sharper nose pod that looks great. Flying weight should come out to around 107g and it will make a great aerobatic slope sailplane. It's currently out of stock, but as soon as they get a hold of some foam, these kits should be ready for purchase. (Edit) The webpage is down for maintenance currently so check back later for more info.

Click here to visit the Micro Birds website

Apr 10, 2020, 09:59 AM
Looks a lot like a Weasel
Apr 10, 2020, 10:39 AM
Phanatic
Moth Weasel blend
Apr 10, 2020, 11:00 AM
Team WarpSquad
Jason didn't indicate the size of this glider. However, I think the Firefly is a good bit smaller than the Weasel and similar existing models. I seem to recall roughly half the size of the Weasel and Alula, but I'm not certain.

With all the proposed restrictions and regulations on model aviation, I love that we've seen increased interest and development of small and light "ultralight" models. Makes it easier to "bring everywhere, fly anywhere."

Here's a video of a Firefly 2.0 prototype from late last year.

FireFly 2.0 Calm Flight at the Beach 91 grams AUW 2Ch RC glider (1 min 52 sec)
Apr 10, 2020, 01:06 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
Jason didn't indicate the size of this glider. However, I think the Firefly is a good bit smaller than the Weasel and similar existing models. I seem to recall roughly half the size of the Weasel and Alula, but I'm not certain.

With all the proposed restrictions and regulations on model aviation, I love that we've seen increased interest and development of small and light "ultralight" models. Makes it easier to "bring everywhere, fly anywhere."

Here's a video of a Firefly 2.0 prototype from late last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0AeBGyVOXo

Kinda like a big ol finger and f u to the FAA

DJ
Apr 10, 2020, 01:25 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
All I get is this.

Sorry, this page doesn't exist.
Please check the URL or go back a page.404 Error. Page Not Found.

DJ
Apr 10, 2020, 02:19 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Yeah, it seems they are working on the site currently.
Apr 10, 2020, 06:52 PM
Looks like the site is back up , these have been going quickly at $54.00, also has a micro DLG "Feather squared" that will replace my Whipit when back in stock. Good vids on youtube!
Apr 11, 2020, 09:04 AM
Everything is broken
Quote:
Jason didn't indicate the size of this glider. However, I think the Firefly is a good bit smaller than the Weasel and similar existing models.
3" smaller wingspan that the Alula & Weasel. A couple ounces lighter than the Alula. Looks interesting for light wind sloping, but I have too many unfinished projects to justify another
Apr 11, 2020, 01:52 PM
I know the guy who designs these guys, (havent seen him in a while) and he puts ALOT of thoght into these.
Hes been working on rounded wing tips for nearly 2 years, looks like he figured it out!
Apr 11, 2020, 02:16 PM
altitude adjustment
Interesting little plane for sure. Does anyone know what type of foam the wings are made of?

Mark

Quick Reply