This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 10, 2020, 12:26 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Micro F16 Project

Does everyone know the Flybear F16 ?
Two motors , and thrust control ?

This is the FF Chuck version = FX723 available on Ebay ..

Flight control is VIA F949 control board .
Motor is a hot little 8520
Battery will be 1s

I have gone with all moving elevators for control .
CG was the challenge .. And there I cheated by checking some RC F16 user manuals .
The two forward black lines on the back of the F16 represent the CG locations ( as near as I could tell ) from two user manuals I checked online .
The rearward black line , is the CG location with a single 1s battery .

Now , the battery bay allows for two 1s batteries side by side .
This actually moves the CG much closer to the rearward / forward black line .
And with some back yard glud tests , two batteries seem to glide .
I could just put some lead in the nose ( really I could ) .

But if I use two batteries , then I guess that means I can fly twice ?

Lots of flight trimming probably needed , ??? bit windy right now and I had to re glue a few things as the glue I used before did not grip this foam well .
The F949 flight board came lose on the 2nd Chuck in the back yard . ( Needed re-gluing )
So let the glue dry , and the battery in the T12 was down to 6.5v . So the T12 battery is on the charger .

Hopefully some micro F16 fun soon .
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply