Apr 08, 2020, 08:28 PM
Trader Rating: 105
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
Thread OP
Alert

new paypal scam???

not too long ago if you sold something youd ask the buyer to send to "friends and family , so they wouldn't take anything out of your profit, evadently PP changed their tactics and are now deducting from the sale...………...anyone know how long has this has been going on??
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2020, 08:58 PM
Trader Rating: 1

Using Paypal F&F for a sell IS a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide
not too long ago if you sold something youd ask the buyer to send to "friends and family , so they wouldn't take anything out of your profit, evadently PP changed their tactics and are now deducting from the sale...………...anyone know how long has this has been going on??
If they are doing that now, it's not a scam. Using F&F when selling goods would be the "scam". Try adding the Paypal fees into what you charge.
Apr 08, 2020, 10:13 PM
Trader Rating: 105
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
Thread OP
they never did that after all these years so its definitely something new they didn't tell us about...….I also see your a new timer on RCG
Apr 08, 2020, 11:58 PM
Trader Rating: 24
Yeah. Now it costs even more to send birthday money to the nephews...
Apr 09, 2020, 01:05 AM
Trader Rating: 29
I know when I use the PP app for a purchase
It details if there is a fee
What the amount is
And I can adjust accordingly
So the total sent
Is what was agreed to for the seller

I don’t see that has changed

Always verify before hittin the send button (?)
Apr 09, 2020, 06:07 AM
Trader Rating: 24
I sent my Daughter some $$$ a week ago, F&F,
no fees on either end.
Cheers, stay safe and well...
rm
Apr 09, 2020, 07:11 AM
Trader Rating: 49
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Apr 19, 2020 at 12:46 AM.
Apr 09, 2020, 08:16 AM
Trader Rating: 509
Morning Light Mountain
Great discussion here guys. However, I have noticed this change for a while now- It appears that there is no ethics debate any more, if you send money on paypal they just ask if you're sending it to someone you trust or not- no mention of gift, or not to use this if you're buying something. And if they charge you a fee it's because you are putting it on a credit card. See what ya'll think. Note, I should add this- there will always be an ethics problem with people using no fees payment to steal. That's not what I'm talking about.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Apr 09, 2020, 08:22 AM
Trader Rating: 154
Build a scale plane already!!!
Yes,, but it has been if you send gift and use a CC,, they add that to the total being charged to your card,,,,,and the recipient still gets the full dollar amount,,, The OP is saying it was taken from his total just a G&S transaction,,
Apr 09, 2020, 08:28 AM
Morning Light Mountain
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
Yes,, but it has been if you send gift and use a CC,, they add that to the total being charged to your card,,,,,and the recipient still gets the full dollar amount,,, The OP is saying it was taken from his total just a G&S transaction,,
Then he needs to make a phone call, they haven't done that to me in the several transactions I've had this week.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Apr 09, 2020, 09:37 AM
Trader Rating: 154
Build a scale plane already!!!
Me either, maybe he's been accepting gift for sales so long they finally caught on,, he should call and complain,, lol
Apr 09, 2020, 10:06 AM
Morning Light Mountain
I don't believe they care if you accept gift for sales. They once had warnings and used the word gift, but no more.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Apr 09, 2020, 10:31 AM
Trader Rating: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill
I don't believe they care if you accept gift for sales. They once had warnings and used the word gift, but no more.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
While I agree it kinda appears like they changed the F&F option requirements because they changed the language I found this in the most recent user agreement:

You must not use the “send money to a friend or family member” feature in your PayPal account when you are paying for goods or services.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...agreement-full
Apr 09, 2020, 10:35 AM
Trader Rating: 204
Here is where I originally read it-> https://zipbooks.com/blog/paypal-friends-and-family/

Here’s a good rule: If they’re not your friends and family in real life, they shouldn’t be your friends and family on PayPal.
Occasionally, sellers will request that you make a purchase using PayPal friends and family rather than the traditional Goods and services payment. This can be a convincing argument as there is no fee required, meaning they may offer you a discounted rate.
Don’t take the bait.
In fact, using PayPal friends and family for business purchases is explicitly against their User Agreement:
“You must not use the “send money to a friend or family member” feature in your PayPal account when you are paying for goods or services.”
Business owners know this as well as should never ask you to pay in this way. Take it as a red flag and just pay the goods and services fee.
Apr 11, 2020, 09:52 AM
Trader Rating: 73
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
I sent my kid 600 never got charged a penny nor did she.

Quick Reply