This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 08, 2020, 07:32 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

OMPHobby T720

OMPHobby T720 too stable (13 min 10 sec)

I made it too stable .

A] = Stability Mode ( Auto Flight Levelling ) ..
Stability is never turned off ( At least not with my Taranis ) , what does get turned off is the auto levelling function in the gyro which keeps your T720 straight and level . When you turn this function off , stability still works . But you are quite able to jam the T720 into the ground as the stability only maintains what ever orientation you were in when you let go the sticks .

B] I used one of my 3 position switches to give me Stability ( Full ) as well as 75% and 50% rates with auto levelling off . I also re-calibrated the gyro to stop the T720 hunt the ground . ( Now it hunts the sky ever so gently )

C] Those Ailerons probably want to be @ 100% , I set the Ailerons to 90% when I came home and added 20% expo for the hell of it . ( Like the T720 isn't stable as is ? ) Anyways , for this flight it was crazy stable .. I want a little instability I think .

D] I have to say that the T720 might just be the best little first model out there . Think about the price ! The T720 sells for around the $100 USD price point , if not less . There are a lot of Mikey Mouse planes around this price point and the T720 makes most of them very redundant . If you are Noob and looking for a entry model into the hobby , you can very easily make a worse choice than the T720 .

E] Upgrading ! This is where the T720 gets interesting . Throw in a 3rd party micro Rx ( one of those quad ones ) and you can now bind the T720 to your favourite transmitter . I must admit that the factory tx is a toy , and while it does a decent job in 100% stability . Turn off that flight levelling and you will immediately notice how Toy like it is .

F] Everyone that owns the T720 , pretty much thinks that the CG is too far back with the factory 300mAh 2s battery , especially when the flight levelling is turned off . Which is why I now fly with the zippy 350 2s , fits in the nose and pulls the CG just far enough forward to make flight more stable .
( Watch the video = crazy stable ) Elevator is still a little touchy @ 75% rates , but the T720 does not change pitch angle in forward flight . More like your flying on railroad tracks . ( Maybe add some expo to soften the elevator ) ... At 50% rates the elevator showed no sensitivity at all . That's whats great about hobby grade transmitters - You can tune to your hearts content .

G] For a RTF model , I cant recommend the T720 highly enough . For Noobs or anyone looking for a slow easy to fly model that gives fantastic flight time ( I get a lot @ 50% throttle ) .

I like the T720 from OMPHobby enough to have ordered the S720 .
If your a 2 or 3 model kind of guy , a T720 and S720 might have to hold position in your hanger ..
I will get back to you on the S720 when it gets here .
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply