Apr 06, 2020, 10:51 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Great Planes Piper Cub 40 Plans

Hi guys my son recently got a Great planes Piper Cub .40 the plane needs repairs and we were looking for a set of plans for the plane any help would be great.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2020, 04:53 PM

Great Planes Cub 40 Plans

Did you ever find a set of these plans? I am looking for the same thing. Please let me know. Thanks.
Oct 15, 2020, 09:15 AM
The Great Planes Cub was very popular at our club.
http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma0160.php

Here is the manual
http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/gpma0160-manual-v3.pdf

I have no idea about the plans.
Oct 15, 2020, 02:17 PM
I'm a pilot, 100 yrs too late
I built the GP 40 cub some years ago and keep all my plans. I will check but I'm sure I have them. Now they may not be in great shape, cut up into sections, etc and other various abuses but I can send them to you if still needed...
I had built the clipped version...
Last edited by Thermalin; Oct 15, 2020 at 02:23 PM.
Oct 17, 2020, 06:14 PM
Yes, I am interested in the plans you have, even if they are "used" as described. Please let me know how you wish to handle that.
Oct 18, 2020, 01:03 PM
These are from my GP Piper J-3 Cub Anniversary Edition which I believe are the same. Downloaded the template files from the Great Planes website. I included them as I'm not sure there available to download anymore.

If you have photoshop you can easily enlarge the templates to the right size and print them out on multiple pages and tape them together.
Oct 18, 2020, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbrew
Yes, I am interested in the plans you have, even if they are "used" as described. Please let me know how you wish to handle that.
Got your details and I'll get them out this week.... no payment necessary... it will only be few dollars on my end and when you're done maybe you can forward to the next guy... no worries.
I'll let you know exactly the condition once I send so you can see if you;ll wnat to also pursue other alternaitves but I do beleive they'll be very usable..
I'll let you know when sent
Oct 18, 2020, 05:47 PM
So I ventured into my drawer of plans and you're in luck. They're in quite good shape. As I built the clippped wing option, the plans follow the usual, cut along this line and re-tape to shorten the wing type deal but all the pieces are there and can be taped back to to get the full span if needed. The fuse, vert ical and horiz stab are in excellent shape. The wing besides having the cut to shorten things up has some other issues but still easily used to get you back in the air . I've got your address and will get them out in some sort of envelope tomorrow.
Oct 18, 2020, 09:58 PM
Wow! Thanks so much. I wasn't sure if you got my reply - the PM interface on this site doesn't show "sent messages". Sorry for doubling down - LOL
Oct 18, 2020, 10:06 PM
Thanks so much. That's exactly what I needed.
Oct 19, 2020, 03:16 PM
It's POURING here today end of my day so I plan to get it to the PO Noon tomorrow. I decied to roll them up and then wrap in shipping paper. She's all ready to go
Oct 20, 2020, 12:13 PM
In the mail today... tracking number via pvt msgs. It was only a few beans to send so no worries. Pass it when you're done if someone needs it and enjoy the f ather \ Son time
Oct 20, 2020, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbrew
Wow! Thanks so much. I wasn't sure if you got my reply - the PM interface on this site doesn't show "sent messages". Sorry for doubling down - LOL

FYI... you can check sent msgs...
At the top, under the collored usage bar it shows "jump to folder", click the down arrow for sent msgs.
If you choose to delete, be careful it seems to be all or nothing if you delete as I had found out.
You can go into each msg invididually and delete I believe.

Quick Reply