Extreme Flight - 104" 120cc Extra NG - NEW

Check out the newest plane from Extreme Flight RC - the 104 inch Extra NG!!

Splash

Extreme Flight is excited to announce their latest offering in the 120cc class, the Extra NG!

From Extreme Flight RC

Extreme Flight is excited to announce their latest offering in the 120cc class, the Extra NG. Based on the latest creation from Mr. Walter Extra, the NG is a sleek modern design with beautiful flowing lines and interesting design flourishes that set it apart from previous releases. In January 2020 Ben Fisher and Chris Hinson traveled to Otsego Michigan and spent a week with the Dussia family completing the build of 104 NG #001 to verify all of the assembly procedures. Since that time Jase and John have spent a lot of time at their private flying field putting the NG through the wringer. Jase is very excited about this new model and has stated it shares the best features of the Slick and Laser designs with incredible pitch and yaw authority and a roll rate that rivals the Slick. The NG is super stable, well mannered and downright easy in high alpha flight inspiring confidence to put it on the deck!

The Extra NG also features our new quick-release wing and stab retention system allowing you to install or remove the wings and stabs from the fuselage in a matter of seconds and requires no tools. Our new carbon lock canopy latching system provides instant access to the interior of the fuselage, again with no tools required. The NG will be available in two incredible high visibility Ultracote finishes. Extreme Flight RC continues to lead the way in 35% aerobatic aircraft, pushing the envelope of performance and confidence with the Extra NG.

Extreme Flight 104" Extra NG (9 min 39 sec)

Photos

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Apr 05, 2020 at 06:21 PM..
Apr 05, 2020, 05:51 PM

A couple more shots!

More!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Apr 05, 2020 at 10:52 PM.
Apr 05, 2020, 06:52 PM
PapaTrey
When should we expect these to show up Chris. I have a DA120 waiting for it.
Apr 05, 2020, 06:56 PM
Shooting for a late summer release, but things are up in the air due to the virus.
Apr 05, 2020, 07:19 PM

2nd color scheme

Blue scheme
Apr 05, 2020, 07:45 PM
I am not a robot
Whew, had me worried there for a moment. I know I can't have a 104, much as I'd love to have one it's too big for me to handle. Thought for a little while that it might be available in 78 or 70" then I'd have to do some serious soul searching. I think I have one (a soul) and I would then have to think long (mmm that's long enough) about whether or not I want sell it to the devil so I could have yet another beautiful Extreme Flight Extra.
Latest blog entry: Fms old crow photos
Apr 05, 2020, 07:59 PM
Red and gray scheme if fire. I think I found this years winter project.
Apr 05, 2020, 08:05 PM
Watts Up
Very sharp!
Apr 05, 2020, 08:31 PM
I am not a robot
Nice shape (thinner fuse?). Great graphics. Love the new wheel pants, and is that an aerodynamic splitter in the cowl inlet?

Really pretty Chris. I'll be not the first to say, I'm sure...you guys just keep out doing yourselves.
Apr 05, 2020, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
Whew, had me worried there for a moment. I know I can't have a 104, much as I'd love to have one it's too big for me to handle. Thought for a little while that it might be available in 78 or 70" then I'd have to do some serious soul searching. I think I have one (a soul) and I would then have to think long (mmm that's long enough) about whether or not I want sell it to the devil so I could have yet another beautiful Extreme Flight Extra.
Same here, unfortunately Iím on a dirt runway so Iím not sure I can do gas. But a little bit smaller and electric and consider my soul sold too lol. Wow that is a beauty!
Apr 05, 2020, 09:19 PM
I am not a robot
That is one very pretty and well designed Extra. I'm just about full up on planes right now. But if I could I'd have one in a heart beat. I'm so jealous of the guys who have room to keep and can transport one of those. I don't know about the dirt runway, but when our summers are hot and dry (for Michigan) our runway gets pretty dusty. I don't worry about dust and a little dirt. Gassers can stand a bit of that, but rocks and gravel might give me pause to thing about it.

But I'm guessing that you're worried about the dirt /dust getting in the motor? Might, but most of the time you'd be breathing clean fresh air far above the runway.
Apr 05, 2020, 09:27 PM
Lol true. It’s like a dirt road in between farm fields so a little bit of rocks and gravel but mostly dirt. I just mean when a gasser starts you can’t start and stop the motor like you can with electric. I was thinking more as it idles dust would be blowing everywhere but now that I think about it it doesn’t blow any dust around even when I take off as long as I don’t hammer the throttle
Apr 05, 2020, 09:33 PM
I am not a robot
Tough question...I know I'd want one if I had the means to care for it. But I can't currently transport one that big. Bought mama a Mustang GT last year....there went my trailer money. But you know what they say...Happy wife happy life. And she loves the Mustang...all the better for me in the long run. Oh we don't drive it down no dirt roads.
Apr 05, 2020, 11:42 PM
Team Extreme Flight
The color schemes are magnificent! Hope we get those in 52" and 60".

Quick Reply